Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Would you do Christine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I don't see anything wrong with cloning Christine, because the car was a nice red and white two tone stock looking Plymouth. It's not like it was a beater or horribly customized. Many modern day show goers probably wouldn't make the connection anyway.

-KK

2. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

In a heartbeat. just wish I could find the car to start with. not many '58 two doors in Alabama.

3. I remember reading the book way back when, even that scared me when they described the way the guys were getting crushed up in the chevy by her.Bruce.

4. Crush it,if it was possessed like the movie car. HRP

5. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Book is better! they need to remake it, with cg, it could follow the book!

6. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

They need to remake the movie, and reinstate all the supernatural elements they left out in the John Carpenter movie.
    Although the original spfx guys did a great job, imagine what they could do with CGI.

...on the other hand, knowing how Hollywood works, they'd probably remake the movie using some totally innapropriate make/model/year of car and completely f##k it up.:eek:

tb33anda3rd and Maverick Daddy like this.
  7. H.R.P. I gave the book back to my brother.lol.Bruce.

8. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Do some research, rumor is a remake is in the works, with a camaro?????WTF!. King is wrighting part 2 as we type.

9. another old thread.......back from the dead. Wait!......do I hear a slight hum coming from the radio?

10. It will probably be a Prius.

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  11. Love CHRISTINE! It would be cool to see a movie about a possessed old drag car, that goes after other race cars, hondas, prius, etc. Come on christine,everything is still the same, OK!

12. skulls n roses

skulls n roses
    from Altoona

Was it filmed in Fontana?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Don't see how a Camaro will work as most wouldn't view it as a ugly duckling most people wouldn't consider fixing up. General people idolize the Camaro as they do 55-57 Chevys and know what they are. Doesn't seem like it would fit the storyline. And yes the book is much better then the movie.

14. Would you do Christine?

In my youth I knew a girl named Christine and yes I would do Christine had I had the opportunity! :D HRP

15. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

With a Camaro...good greif, I mean, nothing against Camaros, but, SERIOUSLY?
    I've gotta look this up like you suggested Mav. Daddy...and maybe start a petition to ban this desecration!:eek:

16. fenian65

fenian65

17. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

Roughly 20 year old car in the book, 4 door, heavy, powerful - sounds like a job for the 94-96 Impala SS

18. prpmmp

prpmmp

19. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I don't know how accurate it is, but here's one from my area. 001.jpg

20. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Was told by a car pal yesterday, she was gonna be a 57 chevy but the 58's dual headlights looked spookier "dark alley scene" to movie director king? Maybe. But I kinda thing dual headlights might look spookier myself & since 1983 I've never left my fingers anywhere close to a 58 fury's hood. What a way to start a movie! Ouch! :eek: Flux

21. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

King chose the Plymouth because of it's name, something he played on in the book when he described the original owner (Roland Lebay) as having "an unending Fury", suggesting the car absorbed it's owner's negative vibes. The book featured Lebay as a decomposing spectre haunting the car, something they dropped from the movie.

22. Do it? No. It's been done to death over and over.
    Besides, I thought it was a terrible movie.

23. Hey Danny !,,I had the opportunity and it was not very good,,you didnt miss anything

HOTRODPRIMER and Maverick Daddy like this.
  24. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

We need a cool car movie....and not the "Fast and Furious" not a big fan! We need a cool hotrod movie, directed with the help of real old school car guys! Chicks, guns, and violence too please!!!! HRD

25. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

A correct to the book Christine would realy do it for me!

Martin Harris likes this.
  26. You ain't right my friend! :D HRP

27. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

012215204911-1.jpg found this four door two years ago, tried to save it, but Pull-A-Part don't sell whole cars. It got crushed after three months of me trying, per there corperate rules. It hadn't lost one part.

28. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Christine is my wife. I hope I'm the only HAMB'r that gets a turn.

wbrw32 and Maverick Daddy like this.
  29. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I know this is an old thread but, I didn't see this http://forwardlook.net/features/billandeds.htm

Its a good read about the car and the boy who found her in a junkyard after the movie.
    And yes, I would clone Christine if I were into fury's, or if I was building a movie/tv collection- that's my "what if you won the lottery" answer.
    Godspeed
    MrC.

low budget and Maverick Daddy like this.