Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would you buy back you're first car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Nov 14, 2012.

1. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

yes, it was '61 and the car was a '50 Lincoln 4 door sedan, black w/greyish/green cloth interior.

2. My first car was a '62 Studebaker Lark. I wouldn't mind having it back just for old times sake and all. I sold it to my cousin for $250 after owning forabout 6 months. I paid $125 for it in 1978

3. i bought my 66 chevelle back after i sold in 1984. sold it to a kids dad i went to high school with. they drove it from my house to theirs. the car sat undriven until i bought it back two years ago. i had to go to south dakota to get it. the car was like a time capsule. i found my probationary drivers licence under the carpet and a few old check stubs. when i went to get it retitled in my name the lady at dmv said it was still in my name. i got lucky because the kid lost the title. i met my wife in this car went to prom in it and this was the first car i ever ran at a drag strip. when my daughter asked if she could take it to her prom i said that would be so cool. someone recently asked if they could buy it and i told them this one is price less too many memories. and we are adding to the memories list every time we drive it. so yes i would get back my first car. wi plate myfirst

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I would if i didnt still have it. Got my 56 chevy in around 1994. I just took it on a road trip the other day. Still a great car but its needing some things now. Just the storys that thing could tell about me.

5. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

1965 Pontiac Le Mans. Would buy it back in a heartbeat!!

6. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Nope, I used it up. lol :eek:
    [​IMG]

7. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

A lot of the cars I had I would buy back in a heart beat, but I still have my first 1950 ford f1 pickup, Gary:D

8. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

If I ever sold it, I'd never be able to afford it.....

1965 Corvette Coupe my parents got as a wedding present from Gramps. Matching #'s etc....
    They ordered it new....

9. Looks like there is a pole out there somewhere that would match up perfectly with your car :eek:

10. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Damn, and that's NSRA eligible now...

11. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

A fence and a big Oak tree.:eek:

12. . . . nope, the guy I sold it to wrapped it around a tree.

13. henry29

henry29

Looks like you were about a foot and half from a really bad headache.

14. Deuces

Deuces

I know where my first one is...:D
    And no, he ain't sellin'...:(
    I still bug him about it though...;)

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd have to sell it in order to buy it back.

16. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

17. murfman

murfman

[​IMG]

18. murfman

murfman

It was not my first car, but this summer while browsing on Craigslist I found my 4th car a 1965 Barracuda that I traded for a 1964 Chrysler 300K back in 1991. The barracuda still had the paint that a buddy of mine sprayed on it and still had the Interior I had put in it at Raul's custom Interiors in Pomona. Looked OK but needed to be redone. I was very excited driving out to see it but once I was there it was great for reminiscing but eh for the desire to own it again. it was about an hour from me here in Illinois, 2 days later My first car, a 1967 BeledereII convertible showed up on Ebay down in Florida. I know for a fact they were both my old cars, as the Belvidere had the 1966 Grille I installed because I found it mint in a junk yard back in 1982, not to mention it was a 67 with a Poly head 318, could not have been too many of those as 1966 was the official last year for that motor...

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Its a tuna can ( or maybe a Lexus 1/4 panel:p) by now. But yes, I would probably build another small-block pinto, if I ran across a decent body. It was a fun little death trap...Back to the seventies!

20. Still got my first, sitting in the barn waiting on me to 'fix it up someday' OT 79 Malibu...
    But on a cooler note, i got my dad's first car. Got it home this summer, plans are to remake his old hot rod that him and my grandpa worked on....

[​IMG]

21. Out of over 100 cars thru the years, there is probably less than a handful I would like back. I recreated a high school type car a few years ago because I thought it would be cool to own one again, but after driving it on it's first run after the rebuild I put it up for sale. I forgot about chattering clutches and stock steering boxes and all the things that made me get rid of it in the first place. Basically it was a restored 48 merc with radial wide whites. Sure glad I didn't waste my money painting and reupholstering the car before I drove it. Also confirmed I am a small block chevy guy. Pat

22. LongT

LongT

In a nano-second!! 1939 Ford Coupe SBC sold in 1966.

That is if it still existed. Last I heard it was a circle track car, 1970, so I doubt that it is still a car.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  23. edweird

edweird

24. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Murfman...I don't believe that someone found a photo of one of those.
    That was a cool deal for sure

25. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Absolutely! It was a 63 Falcon Futura with a 260 4 speed and 4:11 gears

26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Yes but it was probably crushed after I turned over the title to the insurance company,I should have kept it and taken the reduced settlement but I was young and dumb.

27. i heard that same story this morning about a guy who sold a Nova,only to see it a week later smashed to crap ,on the back of a wrecker.

Rick
    --------------------------------------------------------

28. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Still have my first car that I bought mowing lawns at 14. wouldn't EVER sell it. how many kids buy a 32 ford for there first car??

29. charleyq

charleyq

Sure would. My first one was a clean 57 300-C. I bought it in 64-65 for as I recall 200.00. Had it and three others, plus a 58-D ragtop and a garage full of body parts and 392s. Sold everything in 74 to follow my pecker to California. Well, at least I still have the pecker...:D

30. Fitzworld

Fitzworld

If I would have ever sold my first car, I would definitely do all I could to bring it home again. Too many memories to let go of.