Register now to get rid of these ads!

would anyone be intersted in my new idea?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justheman, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justheman

justheman

I want to start a website that I and all the fellow builders here can blog about there builds, each one would have their own page, and I would keep tabs on em to keep them organized per year make and model's of car. I have a domain lined up but want to make sure people would be interested before i do it. I figure this way people can look up simalar projects without sifting through other crap. please tell me if you are intersted looking for about 10 people to start. It would all be free and ultimatly I would like to Partner with Hamb if they allow it.

thanks

-Justin

2. sawzall

sawzall

well..

alot of us already do that.. through posts here on the hamb threads..

additionally, there are quite a few members here that have Myspace, and similar blogs

I did a blog recently, just to learn how.. it was free...

and can be seen here:
    http://1940fordwoodie.blogspot.com/

additionally another hamber has a blog here:

http://my50merc.com/

so I don't think is a totally "new" idea..

but good luck

3. NaKpinstriper

NaKpinstriper

To me it seems kinda like an off-brand HAMB. If I didn't have to sift through the other "crap" I would miss alot of cool stuff. PLEASE don't mess with what we got here.

4. justheman

justheman

I apologize.... I wasn't trying to copy the hamb just make it easier and maybe inspire people to write more about their projects so more people can see em...

5. NaKpinstriper

NaKpinstriper

Sawzall beat me in the typing race. He has a good point about the blogs. It's just that I find some realy interesting things while sifting through all the threads.
    There is a section were you can submit ideas you have for/about the board. I'm sure Ryan is always willing to listen.

6. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Seems like a viable idea to me and I don't see how it could draw against the h.a.m.b, but actually maybe compliment it in a nice way. If I understand it correctly, you are basically wanting to put together an easy reference index of people's projects. Seems like that would be useful to a lot of people and not something I know about and would be happy to use. For instance, I am into Studebaker trucks. I have no idea how to search and find all the other h.a.m.bers that might have Stude Truck projects or for people outside of the h.a.m.b. besides just googling forever an not finding anything that great. Now, I could just start a thread that says hey all you Stude truck guys, show me your projects. But, I wouldn't want to do that manually for every type of project I might be interested in at the moment. I can't speak for Ryan or how this may or may not impact the h.a.m.b. and its connection to it. But, before you went too far with it, I would just PM Ryan about it and run your thoughts by him. I definitely wouldn't do much more before you did that, but I offer my tentative (and basically worthless) support in the meantime.

7. justheman

justheman

well thank you I appreciate that... I will run it by the boss and go from there

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

NO I would not be interested

9. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

i think there are way to many ways to show off our projects, HAMB, myspace, blogspot, cardomain and so on. I wish someone smarter than me would could up with a back end application that talks to all the sites and displays them in an east to view and search format. Someday this will be possible, techies are calling it web 3.0.

Don't touch the HAMB, it's perfect.

10. justheman

justheman

I appreciate the honesty, and that is why I posted I didnt want to waste a bunch of time doing it and just piss people off or have no one join

11. It could be like the Harbor Freight of the HAMB!:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, why not just ask Ryan about making a "build" thread like the general discussion, tech, and classifieds section. That way, people only have to post to one site (the HAMB) and not try to keep the build posts updated on several sites.

Just my $.02 before taxes

12. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.