Register now to get rid of these ads!

Worthy of a second look?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spark, Aug 24, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Kinda interesting, might look a little strange in a 3/4 view.

3. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

it would need to be narrowed, what would you do for a windshield?? lexan... eh

4. I like it. I didn't comment on the first thread ,but the Weezner painting was the first thing that I thought of. I say go for it. It will be very cool
    if done well.

As far as the windshield is concerned, I would think that you could rework the cowl and put a flat, swing-out type in it with some success.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009

5. I'm sitting here thinking the same thing, I like it from the side, wondering how it would look from the front angle.
    dare to be different indeed, I digs it though.

6. I don't think I'd use a flathead though. It seems kind of dumb to go backwards in technology for a mid '60's truck. Maybe a big Caddie or a rat motor. Just my worthless opinion. With that said, it could be a fun truck.

7. 65Riviera

65Riviera

man that would be a lot of work, but it might be cool. i agree with the flathead (and the rims), i love em but this concept feel more like a futuristic late 50's custom...

just my meager 2 cents.....:D

8. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

This might help you decide.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Oh my god oh my god oh my god I think I just shat myself. That is the most bad ass looking truck ever!

10. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

11. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Everything was going just great until that big old stack appeared with a purple filter element block the driver's vision and then it went straight to hell.

And neither the drawing nor the truck have a goddamn laminated safety plate windshield ...now how can that be?

13. brandon

brandon

only after hitting the quote button , did i see the very word i was thinking.... definently has the dirt modified vibe going ...out of the box and could end up being pretty bitchin.....

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like it! Has that North East NASCAR Modified look going for it. [​IMG]

15. Larry T

Larry T

I kinda like it so far. What're gonna do with the radiator? Front end treatment is gonna make or break it.
    Larry T

16. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

It's not mine, I just held on to these pictures for thought later. I could see this truck going in the right direction if it were finished right. I agree the big air filter and plastic rats are wrong though. Looks like it could be a lot of fun if you happen to have an old truck shell sitting around.

17. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

One word. Awesome!

18. Gigantor

Gigantor

No me gusta - maybe if the front clip was not a front clip... but a frame designed to run without fenders.

19. I think it's a bit wide and that someone's going to have to get real creative to hide those ugly ass frame horns. Could be done though.

20. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Looking at it, why couldn't they have shaved about 100 lbs. off the frame horns? They could have done a nicer job on those.

21. What's the rat for?

22. Distributor cover?!?!?!

23. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Back to the original two pictures, narrow the cab and add a Caddy engine with traditional wheels it could look good.

24. Barn-core

Barn-core

The cab would have to be sectioned to work right. For the windshield you could take a strip out of the middle of a stock piece, and V-butt it.