Register now to get rid of these ads!

world's worst mockup?

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by sgtlethargic, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

I think that you are making fun of me, that's what mine used to look like, but it is a start, is that falcon your donner car?

2. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

gonna run duel rears? cool.

3. No, not making fun of you. No, unfortunately I junked the original Falcon 144 cubic inches of power about a year ago, after it sat around for 5 years.

Thanks,
    Kurt

4. Maybe. The rules don't say how many rear tires, or how many pre-62 engines :D. Hmmm, how can I set up AWD with two 170's and two 8"s?

Thanks,
    Kurt

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hey Kurt, don't worry, we all start out with a small pile of parts and keep adding until it looks like a car.

Ya just need a lawn chair in there to sit in and make car noises. Helps ya get in the building mood. :D

6. Ya didn't see the bucket? :D

7. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hey, a start's a start. :cool:

Don't need the lawn chair, you gots a jan-yew-wine bucket seat.

Powered dualies at all four corners? :D

Let's see now, with the 6" (12" per pair) rule having to be applied as a combined total that'd limit your eight driven tires to a whopping 1&1/2" wide footprint per tire. Throw in any kind of a tread pattern and you just ain't gonna have much actual meat left sittin' on asphalt.

Could put down some truly serious stripe though, probably be able to smoke the whole damn quarter.
    'Course steering without front end traction tends to become a tad creative, but it can be done ....... most of the time anyway. Yep, TV Tommy'd be right proud o'ya then. :D

I trust that 1x6 rear cage support is NHRA acceptable free range pine, not the farm grown 2" ring stuff.

Sadly we have no photos of our own first steps.
    Seems nobody wanted to take any of some old farts sitting around waving their arms and motor-mouthing.

8. Ha ha- you sure put a lot of creative interpretation into this rule:

20. Cars must have rims no wider than 6″ and only bias ply street treaded tires allowed. No radials, slicks, or cheater slicks allowed. Tire tread width must measure no more than 6″.​
    The thing that might get me is the * no wider than 6" * I'll have to see what they look like underneath, without the tires on.

Thanks,
    Kurt

9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Damn old eyes missed that. You got a good start.