Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage WORLDs LONGEST YARD SALE CAR PARTS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Aug 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

In case no one has ever heard of it, The World's Longest Yard Sale is the first full weekend(Thurs-Sunday) of August every year. It is on route 127 from the Ohio Michigan border clear to Alabama, over 600 miles. The wife and I just got home this evening and I found some killer car stuff as I usually do. It seems not a lot of people aren't looking for car stuff so I make some pretty good deals. This year I picked up a Hupmobile porcelain sign, a VDO speedometer, some 51 Merc hubcaps, some early 50's AMT model cars, a brand new S-K Wayne 3/8 socket set, a PBR neon sign, a Model 12 shot gun, 6 cans of R-12 Freon and a lot of other shit I can't remember right now( had to have a beer or 2 or 12 when I got home.)

We do a different a section every year as you can only make about 50 to 60 miles a day cause there are so many places to stop. and most of the time it is hotter than the hubs of hell. Yes, there are a lot of baby toys, clothes and glass ware junk but I always find some super good deals on my stuff too. One year down in Kentucky I saw a box under a table the dealer had not even bothered to set out and it was full of 40's and 50's Chevy nos horn buttons, small trim pieces etc. He said he got that junk when he cleaned out an old Chevy dealer. Bought it for $50 bucks. He asked if I wanted to look in his trailer as he had a couple more boxes of that kind of stuff from a Ford dealer. In those boxes was(all nos ) more 50's and 60's Ford and /Mercury small trim parts, interior handles, knobs etc. I bought both boxes for $50 bucks as he said he knew Ford stuff was not as popular as Chevy stuff! Then he told me he had scrapped a truck load of long parts he didn't want to mess with cause it was hard to pack around:eek: He then told me he gave his buddie a truck load of fenders , quarter panels and fender skirts for helping him dig all that junk out of the dealerships and that guy got over $300.00 for scrap:eek::eek::eek: I have sold just about every piece I got from him over the years and done pretty well on it. Deals like that are what keeps me going back and sweating my ass of every year..

2. sololobo

sololobo

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

My poor old body is paying for all the fun I had searching for goodies at the yard sales the last three days. When I woke up this morning my back ,legs and feet let me know I might be getting too old for that stuff. Oh well, got to move around and get the old joints freed up, our Moose Lodge car show is today. Can't miss that!!

pat59 likes this.