Register now to get rid of these ads!

Workshop sublet in So-Cal- $375

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by praisethelowered, Sep 12, 2005.

1. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I looked for over a year to find a space that was nice and that I could afford so now that I have it I want to keep it. But I will be working out of town for the next 1-2 years so I am offering the space up for sublet for a while.

This is a great chance for someone to have "real" garage space and focus on a project or two for a good long while. It will pretty much be yours as I will wall-off 1/3 in the corner for my storage. The leftover space is a big rectangle 16 x 36 feet, concrete block construction with 14-foot ceilings and a 10’ roll up door, an attached office, and a bathroom. You can get two cars in there with ample space left over for work benches, and you get one of two parking space in the gated parking lot (I’ll store my truck in the other space). I put in 220 for the welder, and there are 110 outlets all over the place. The place is secure and the other tenants are good guys. One of them has a paint booth you can rent occasionally. There are a lot of resources nearby- a steel yard, welding supply, a real independent auto parts shop, hardware stores, machine shops, etc.

Here is what makes it the best- Get this- I pay $600 for 1,000 s.f. - which is unheard of anywhere in the LA area. The sublet will be for 2/3rds of the space and I’ll charge what I pay so the rent will be $375 per month. You’ll need to pay utilities since you will the one running tools.
    I would like a year commitment and I’ll pick the most stable and responsible applicant (with the coolest project ha, ha) .I need to get someone in there who will keep quiet and get down to business because I don’t want to worry about this place while I am gone.

BTW- live-ins are not cool here. There is no shower, my lease prohibits it, and all of the neighbors run businesses which deserve to be respected.

Attached Files:

2. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

where is it?

I'll PM ya.

3. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

Sorry, I left that out. . . it's in irwindale at the 210/605. . I live in echo park and it is a 20 minute drive. . there's never any traffic going that way after work or on weekends.