Register now to get rid of these ads!

Working on the Old Bird / race rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Jim, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Started the body work on my 62 Falcon, and have the engine at the builders right now. I plan on doing a few events like the Headsup and the Meltdown. The car will be a driver not a race car.

The engine will be a Ford 306 running a Comp roller cam, roller rockers, high compression, Tri Y headers, and 3-2 Rochester 2-gs. The estimated HP in the 350 HP range and torque 400ish. We will be setting everything on a engine dyno.

Now for the Question what Race rules requirements are there going to be for the C4 transmission ect. I am thinking of the Performance Automatic from Summit.

Any for the car ect. My experience has been in SCCA road racing and Auro-X events so I am not familiar with drag racing other than going to the Headsup and the Meltdown last year.

thanks Jim H

2. brjnelson

brjnelson

3. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

it wont stay in stock or super stock class?

4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

You could probably run stock or S/S at the meltdown, or you could run in the modified production M/P class too.
    Most of the classes go by looks more than actual rules on engine setback etc because its for fun and bragging rights.
    If the engine is not set back then any of the three classes above would work. See you there.

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Jim,

If you are running the HCHU or MD....you don't have to worry... as stated above... build it your way....and race in any of our classes....S/S, Hot Rod, or A/FX depending on what your car looks like...again more about looks, not much needed for a car that is street and strip which is nice, keeps the $$ down and the fun up. PM me for any other questions, happy to help!