Register now to get rid of these ads!

Worked on the 4-door merc today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cfnutcase, Mar 7, 2010.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looking good! Are you still thinking about doing a Merc Woody?

2. Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the chop finished. 4 door Mercs rule!

3. Update...update...update!!!!

4. sololobo

sololobo

Balls of brass project and it looks like it coming along great. I love the no waiting Merc sedans, suicide entry, yes. My fave in the whole world is the black beauty of ElJefe's (Steve Wortheim). It is the true benchmark of Mercury class. This shot of the Merc is not good, my camera was taken away from me shortly after this shot! Best of luck with your on the road days. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

5. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

I was looking for some ideas on a 4 door Mercury for my grandson when I ran across this thread- WOW. You really are doing a good job, hope you can post more updates as we will be following it.

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

7. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

OK Some updated, nothing real exciting on this car lately, just alot of rust repair.....did I mention I have been fixing rust, and then a little rust, I think that crap grows over night! I cut the rockers off and then found rust on the inner rockers, cut that out rust on the bracing behind that, there was rust in the inner fenders, rust on the brackets that the 1/4s bolt to, rust on the 1/4's just everywhere. But anyways here are some pics of it through out the rust removal and replacement over the last couple months. Jim

Attached Files:

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Some more..

Attached Files:

9. i like your build. I had a question about your experience with the rocker panels from mercuryland...i bought mine from there and i wasn't happy with them. They were perfectly straight from front to back with no curve to line up the doors and flow smoothly around to the under carriage.

Did yours fit well?

10. desotot

desotot

I bought the expensive rockers from mercuryland and they were great. Love this build,great thread. Keep it up!

11. brokeassbuilder

brokeassbuilder
    from delta

owning a four door and not having it on the road yet makes me ashamed after seeing all the work youve done on yours a motor swap customizing and a chop boy i wish you were my neighbour so we could be workin side by side!! looks awesome !!! keep it up!!

12. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Flipping that rear window upside down is a GENIUS idea as it still gives the appearance of the original window but just fits the car better after the chop! It flows so much better on the bottom and matches the radiuses of the new top too. Keep it going, this car will be very cool as you continue on your journey.....