Register now to get rid of these ads!

WooHoo! My own little "find" in Idaho!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRH, Aug 5, 2012.

1. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I just got home Saturday evening after driving to a small town near Twin Falls, Idaho to check on what I was told was a "T-bucket and a roadster". I found out about these from a gentleman who came down to buy an older forklift we no longer used at work. He had given me the property owner's name and number, and I called and made arrangements to come up and see the car parts for sale.

Here's what we found!

A '26/'27 Roadster
    [​IMG]

A '26/'27 Touring

[​IMG]

Lots of parts!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both bodies have nice sub-rails!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just what I wanted! My only regret is I left TONS of stuff there... I figured I wouldn't ever actually use T frames, axles, fenders or motors, so just grabbed 3 rear ends (mainly for the springs), one NICE frame and one front end, plus lots of doodads. I left all of the fenders and Touring rear sheet metal because It was crusty and I knew I would never use it.

I also left 5 front ends (axle, spring, spindles & wishbone), one rear end, a pile of bent up and crusty grill fragments, 6 wood wheels, seat frames, about three motors and 3 other T frames (not as nice). I already think I should have taken more!!!! But my help was getting antsy and I knew it would have been slow to get rid of all of those pieces I had no use for. Original T restorers, don't get too mad! All in all, I'm really happy with this treasure find!

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You were in the right place at the right time. Good score.

Don

3. PCD2GTHR

PCD2GTHR

Looks like the start of a great project or two!

4. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

5. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

Or that should say very nice lol

6. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Thanks guys! I am super stoked about these. I have been wanting to start with a better '26/'27 body than my completed hot rod has. It is basically a rust and Bondo sculpture that someone booger welded the tub-to-turtle deck seams long ago. This new treasure will allow me to make my next roadster a little more "correct" and less like a glass body. I am also excited about carefully forcing myself to fabricate sheet metal for a new turtle deck and seat back that I would fit to the Touring shell. Or I can do a modified and leave the original shape and touring top posts sticking out...

7. 117harv

117harv

The banjo rear with the tapered leaf spring is 1918 and earlier, the rear as well as the spring are worth $$$. The tapered spring goes for between 150 to 200 or more depending on condition....good score.

8. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

You did great when do you start a build thread...

9. Babyearl

Babyearl

That's a X2

10. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

To be honest, I won't be building really soon. I still need to finish painting (read 1,000,000 hours of bodywork) my '62 Olds 88!!!

11. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I forgot to show this: One of the old steering wheels had this Sinko brand suicide knob. The old Bakelite is in excellent shape!

[​IMG]

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

a very cool score , a great day of scrounging

13. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I'd love me a T-Bucket, but I also would love a BONE STOCK T to tool around in. I've been lucky enough to cruise in a stock 1914 T.

14. Southfork

Southfork

You got some nice vintage metal there. I have to patch the T bodies that i find. Great score!

15. Hey, you can always go back and get the rest.

16. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I think yesterday (Saturday) was my last chance since the property was technically sold with the closing being on the 30th of July. The previous owner of the property had worked it out with the new owners to allow me to come take what I could so late because renters had still not moved their crap out of the old barn when closing day came. The two bodies had been stored in the rafters for 17 years. Crap, I should have at least grabbed one more rear end!

Here's the photo I received via text that gave me a hint of what was up there after renters moved their stuff:

[​IMG]

The text photos were super hard to decipher, but I became pretty sure that I was going to find at least one '26/'27 roadster body.

These count as a barn find!!!!

17. 117harv

117harv

Grab it all, sort it out later.

18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you lucky bugger.Great find.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

19. Wow! You lucky bum. Something about T's. Neat find. Not many out there anymore.

20. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Man if that knob could talk. Great find!!

21. You did really well there. I sure wish my roadster body was even a quarter that good when I started.

22. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Thats a great score. Lots of cool parts. Good luck with the Olds.

23. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

24. evintho

evintho

Which one is the tapered leaf spring? The one in front or the one in back, in the pic?

25. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow... awesome. There are so many little things I would've had you look for if I knew you were heading out. Awesome grab, for sure.

26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Exactly what I would do. Appearances can be deceiving.

27. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Man you are right....AARRGH! I should have grabbed MORE STUFF! I am already remembering things I looked at and passed on, which now I realize could have benefited me and others!

28. 117harv

117harv

The spring with the rounded ends, the springs are thinner at the ends than the later ones too. The frame in the pic is a 26-27, the rear cross member is lager than the earlier ones and has the flanged edges, it looks very similar to the model A ones.