Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Woodies on the Wharf 2012 tons of pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Legendary Lars, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Spent the day at Woodies on the Wharf, got the old 1941 Ford woody out of the garage and drive it down to the wharf today. Good turnout of Awesome Woodies a few caught my eye as usual, to me the Star of the show was a Mercury wagon with an Ardun engine in it. Very very cool. Saw tons of my local town car buddies wandering around and checking out all the Wood :) Buicks, Packards, Ford, Chevy, Rolls, Pontiac, Dodge, Chrysler, Desoto, there was a very nice variety of cars, with lots and lots of traditional and original cars. All in all a Perfect day ! Here are the photos I snapped of todays event.

For all 200 Pictures click here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For all 200 Pictures click here

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Thank you for taking the time to post these, Oh *Legendary One!!.......

CB

3. TERPU

TERPU

Good to see you today Lars, Your first photo should be a poster. And yes the Ardun stole the show.

Tim

4. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Nice pictures, Thanks. I hope one of those '51 Fords is one of my old woodies. There's also a '40 Ford and a '60 Morris out there somewhere. Sadly the frame that may still be on the rocks by the Hook as an International like that Green '37 in the pictures. Some idiots pushed it over the cliff because it wouldn't start back in the '60s.

5. Caught last years but not this one. Wish they would open the parking lot for other long roofs... but I see there point. BTW my daughter lived right there on west cliff ... rented from the Stagnaros.

6. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

7. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Tim Guy who owns the Ardun Woody is a pretty cool dude had a long talk with him he is really into Ardun race cars and has several.

8. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

These are the meets where you can see the broad spectrum of woodie cars & trucks from Chevy, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and everywhere in between. Gotta love 'em.

10. designs that work

designs that work

Thanks for taking your time to share with the rest of us.

11. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Isn't that Richard Munz's car? Didn't see any pictures of Gary Meadors' Town and Country, was he there?

12. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Yes that is Mr. Munz car, very very slick and there ws a high end Town and country there as well.

13. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

14. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Those are the NUTZ!
    Thanks Lars.

15. sdluck

sdluck

16. Special Ed

Special Ed

Nice to see so much wood without the cliche obligatory surfboard strapped on the roof. And I only noticed two kooks with their boards tied on backwards, too!
    Thanks for the pics, Lars.

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Bitchin' Dude - Thanks

18. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

:) well a bunch of the guys who come for the woodys show actually do surf, A bunch of them got some pretty good head High south thats coming through right now.

19. draggler

draggler

Woof!
    That is alot of woodies on the wharf.

20. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Thanks for sharing

21. Great pictures,thanks for sharing.That Mercury with the Ardun is insane.I was able to see it up close on a wed night at the shop.It is just flawless.

22. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

23. I usually go to the show at San Pedro. I've always loved them, but i'm partial to the 49-51 Mercury Woodies,of course!!!!
    Great pic's Lars.....thanks for sharin.

24. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Lars thanks for the pictures of my car, another great day on the wharf with great weather good job on the all your pictures and thanks for posting...... Bad Bob I think that this year they had more Mercurys than I have ever seen before.....

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

He was there.

26. Great photos...Thanks!

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's a great show, missed it this year since the Style Kings had thier show at Cal State Hayward the same day.

28. He followed me out of the Palo Alto Concours yesterday with the Ardun wagon...

29. Cymro

Cymro

How about this 1948 Healy Woody, to me this one must rank as one of the coolest woodies ever.[​IMG]

30. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Woodies is always a great show. To bad its on the same day as Kings By The Bay. I ended up going to both this year.