Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wondering about Kiwi Kev

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NINE INCH, Dec 6, 2017.

1. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

My home town Ventura, CA is burning. Damn near to the beach, I hear. Thinking about Kiwi Kev and other HAMBers in the area. Be well Friends.

belair likes this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, good luck to all the folks who have to deal with this!

3. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

text Kevin this afternoon he said so far so good

4. jnaki

jnaki

http://www.keyt.com/news/wildfire/thomas-fire-grows-to-115000-acres/667653802
    The Thomas Fire has grown to 132,000 acres burned, with 10% containment.

Hello,

Stay safe in that area of So Cal. The last time we were affected was when the La Conchita landslide roared onto the highway area and shut down north/south Highway 1 from Santa Barbara to the rest of So Cal. My son got stuck at UCSB until they cleared the road. He was determined and asked me how to get home for a friend's wake and another friend's wedding.

Today, the residents are ready to evacuate from La Conchita due to this latest fire. Having just driven to Santa Barbara for the holidays, that whole area was/is ripe for something crazy. It is/was so dry up there. The drive along the coast is the only direct way to get from Santa Barbara to points South. We were lucky as a long 6 hour trip back up north to Santa Maria and over to Highway 99 and back to LA would have been an extra long trip. Currently, the northbound Highway 1 is closed.

Jnaki

The Malibu coast has had its share of fires, but the country hill sides from Pt. MUGU to Santa Monica is very dry and crunchy, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/us/california-wildfires/index.html
    This just popped up on So Cal fires: Oceanside/San Diego area evacuations due to the LILAC fire. Get those emergency escape plans in motion, now. External hard drives included…