Register now to get rid of these ads!

Won a free trip to the Salt Flats..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slepe67, Jun 11, 2010.

1. slepe67

slepe67

well...it's not exactly free. I have to spend about six 18 hour days training in the desert west of the Flats. I'll sleep when I get back to Florida!

I'm going to be there for Speed week and Top speed Shootout. Now, how do I convince my leadership to let me rent a motor home on the weekends? Lodging is out of the question...they would lynch me for that bill...

I'm behind the powercurve on this one. Timme to start homework. My lifelong dream is about to come true. Until I get to go there and race my 32 that is :)

I'm stoked!

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

See you there.Riding the motorcycle from South Carolina. Leaving Aug 12th!!!!!!!!!

3. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

wana go so bad. some day. some day

4. slepe67

slepe67

I'm going to TRY to make a list of all the HAMBers going out. Also building a list of the fellas over at Landracing.com that have helped me out. See you on the salt!

5. 21tat

21tat

Have fun, drink lots of water!

6. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Renting a motorhome may not be the best idea. Rental agency get VERY excited if they find out their vehicle has been on the salt. Large cleaning fees. Think about camping at the bend in the road. Room for top speed shootout should not be a problem.

7. 067chevy

067chevy

Cool, I just went by there yesterday. Would love to be there in August.
    [​IMG]

8. slepe67

slepe67

I might be "camping" in a very tiny one man tent in the desert, if you catch my drift.

I have more planning to do. I can always get lodging at Hill AFB in Ogden. Almost a 4 hour drive...Bend in the Road sounds like a decent plan. Park motorhome there, and drive the truck to the salt. Trucks a lot easier to wash than a motorhome. :)

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

10. jabonmoce

jabonmoce
    from new york

The above thought is smart and doesn’t require any further addition. It’s perfect thought from my side.
    =========
    motorhomeinsurance.org

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014