Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Women Mechanics and Hot rodders???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BetsyVanDeVille, Jul 9, 2012.

1. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

huh, my daughter wanted to work on my coupe in her prom dress.. i told he no! was i wrong?

Attached Files:

2. I sent kendra an email for you.

3. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Neat offer! maybe we will see some H.A.M.B. gals in action... stories behind the folks working on cars always seemed like a great magazine coverage to me... R&C used to run them years ago... neighbor kids helping, friends working together, lots of memories go into cars and they seem to get lost when they just list and show the modifiations... Ladies, I hope you follow up...

4. Tashing

Tashing
    from Tulsa, OK

5. You weren't wrong. You should have told her to go back inside and put on a T-shirt and jeans and come back out to play. Prom is lame.

6. Another newb tryin' to talk shit and set a rep? :rolleyes:

7. Texas Eli

Texas Eli

Not that I'm here much or often, but, I messed with cars (& trucks & MVs) a lot until the late 90s and got out of it. I'm here now because my current love interest is an ASE certified self-taught mechanic and wants to learn hot rods!

Eli

8. No one is kissing anyone's ass, and TV is just TV. But if you must have a show where the women are capable of thinking, Law and Order SVU. But like I said it is just TV, ya gotta be pretty dumb to think that a television show is reality.

You make it out to be women's lib, let me clue you just because the women in your life are dumbasses is not a sign that all women are. The lady in my house could care less who is in charge or who has the highest I.Q. We worked together to raise ours, and we have been wrenching together as long as we have known each other.

I am going to guess that the answer to the question is blush. And you must be pretty young, no one my age would even consider sending pics of their junk to some man they met on a message board. Besides if you did I would just post it, everyone needs a good laugh.

A fellow HAMBer asked for a little support, she got it and the rest is just blowing off steam.

Ya know what I learned a long time ago? A good mechanic will always have work and not need a certification to prove that he is a good mechanic. Nothing against the ASE certification, you want it you will get it. What is going to get you real work is your talent.

There you got a little support yourself and didn't even ask for it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  9. RussTee

RussTee

I have been hearing about this lady she appears to have been smoking a few guys off and getting noticed :eek: takes some doing to get a mention from the guys who are telling me:cool:

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

11. That guy in the blue t-shirt beat her at the Antique Nats. She had him beat,but went too fast.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  12. mj40's

mj40's

Good for you! I would much rather see a lady under a car than sprawled across a fender. But then I'm old, but not that old.

13. Bob,
    Maybe I am showing my age here but I think it is just a damned shame that you can loose a race for going to fast. There is just something wrong with that.

14. RussTee

RussTee

hey bob im down in NZ dont know what colour helmet he was wearing but I have a feeling he was one of the guys talking about her looks like the word is spreading yeah like halfway round the world:cool:

15. Sorry,I meant the blue t-shirt. He has his back to the camera.

16. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

Betsy,

Its all good until they start stealing your tools. Ha ha!! Hope to see ya at our show. Been a long time.

17. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Thanks Eric, sure I will be!

18. daddio211

daddio211

Look at his posts, every one of them is something negative. The guy has nothing to offer.

19. cheveey57

cheveey57

The question is , "is it out of the norm?". The answer is yes. Maybe one in a 100 or even 1 out of 200. Is it ok? Sure why not. Is it common hell no.

20. He offered me some pictures so I wouldn't say he has nothing to offer. :rolleyes:

21. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

My Daughters have all turned out to be Hot Rod Gals,

The oldest "Stephanie" Driver/Flag Gal/Trophy Gal (FlagGirl1) on HAMB & middle one "Shannon" Flag Gal (SWNostalgisDrags FlagGal) on HAMB
    & "Kailee" the youngest Trophy Gal.

They have all grown up at the track and been around Hot Rods their hole life, I get a kick out of how much more they seem to know about this stuff than most of their damn boyfriends that keep hanging around LOL....

Heres a few pics of my Favorite Hot Rod Gals :D

Attached Files:

22. Don't take this the wrong way but I would say that they are all trophy gals.

People get the mistaken idea that a lady that turns a wrenmch must be butch, here is proof that they can have fun and still be gurls.

Yoou done good Spike.

23. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

And a few more.....:D

Attached Files:

24. daddio211

daddio211

Ha ha ha.... ewwww!

25. joemarsicano

joemarsicano
    from Palmyra PA

Sure, here is a picture of my 4 day old daughter working in the shop.

Attached Files:

• Shop.jpg
      Shop.jpg
      File size:
      74.7 KB
      Views:
  26. i think its hott when a gal knows how to turn a wrench and wants to be around cars, bikes and in the garage. wish there was more hot rod gals out there

27. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

I dont want my girlfriend in the garage!
    I like to work on my car alone,just crank up the stereo and go.
    Its like somekind of therapy for me,forgetting aboute my dayjob and all other boring stuff.

28. TJratz

TJratz

My fiance does auto upholstery and has no fear when it comes to working on cars...

29. thats a very good point to but a girl that wants to go to car shows and shows an interest in what were into seems to be kinda neat

30. Maybe, but I think that he must be gay wantin' you to look at picture's of his junk...

Probably uses a telescopic lense too! :eek: