Register now to get rid of these ads!

women drivers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mel, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Mel

Mel

Went home last weekend to visit my parents and there was a car show going on.

Ran into Blue Earth crew at Elvis that night. Vicky brought her roadster down... that thing is SWEET! That was the farthest she's taken it so far. [​IMG]

I ended up winning a trophy for driving the farthest to the show... it was only 225 miles.

Here's some pics....

2. Mel

Mel

Elvis giving away his scarves

3. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

ok i am crossing the wisc border [​IMG]

4. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

Not too shabby....
    Looks like you won yourself a great doorstop! Heh.
    -Crew

5. Mel

Mel

this was a cool pickup... the owner built it with his brother in the 60's and he hasn't changed a thing since.

6. Mel

Mel

The other cars at the show were the typical kinds of cars you'd find... the streetrods, musclecars, and tuners.

But there was a nice pontiac... never seen these valve covers before... from a 316

7. Mel, you girls rock! But, I do find it a sad state of affairs when LONG DISTANCE is 225 miles? WTF?

BTW, for those that dont know, 225 for Mel is nothing.

8. Mel

Mel

Well, you know how small towns are... I was talking to a friend of my dad's about his mustang and he was saying he never takes it more than 50 miles to a show. He about crapped himself when I told him the drags were about 2000 miles round trip for the dodge the prior weekend.

9. QQMOON

QQMOON

Good on Ya Mel
    JR

10. nice trophy...you rock...you still looking for WDo's..I'm going to a swap this weekend..

Sincerely, your personal parts pimp
    tok

11. GRADY

GRADY

looks like you had a lot of fun there Mel
    thanks for sharing some pics [​IMG]

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

you go girl!! [​IMG] drive the wheels off that sumbitch [​IMG], thats what it was amde for.

see ya at the Pile Up, i'm sure!

Mike

13. crow

crow

Mel rocks!

Attached Files:

14. That 316 would be from a '56 Pontiac. (Funny how I know these things.) Congrats on the long distance award. I know you've driven further and harder than most all of the cars at my local cruise night too. You go girl! I didn't sound like Oprah just then... did I?

Here's a pic of your car in the far lane getting a hole shot on me. That was an exciting race and I had a blast! It was great to meet you.
    Bil

Attached Files:

15. RagDoll

RagDoll

Thanks for the pics! Awesome car!

16. 34cpe5w

34cpe5w
    1. 34 Fords

Good to see some gals in the hobby. Looks like ya had a good time. Maybe I will have the chance to see ya around at a show or something, always enjoy talking to HAMBers. Keep having fun, Lata, Matt

17. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

That is awesome to see the HAMB's better gender getting out there and doing it.

My wife is the polar opposite. If it were not for me she wouldn't know a single thing about cars. And she'd be happy with that.

It's a cryin' shame.....

She loves old cars (they're a lot more pretty than new ones) and she understands that I am over the top in my passion for the old stuff, but she would never take off in an "old" car and just drive....

18. Mel

Mel

Thanks for the kind words guys [​IMG]
    Tok- I still need 3 WDO's... if ya see any off of some late 40's Hudson's, I'll take em. Thanks!

19. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Don't mention it. A pat on the back is deserved sometimes...