Register now to get rid of these ads!

WIW? Found a project truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40FordDeluxe, Dec 21, 2010.

1. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Hey guys, I hope I'm posting this in the correct spot. I found what is supposed to be a 47 Dodge 1.5 ton truck. I am wanting to get this to build a hauler out of. I'm trying to see if the guy is in line on his price. What do these go for in this type of shape and are these hard to find parts for? I'm no body pro and it will need a LH door and fender to speed up a build. Thanks Ryan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. puckm2

puckm2
    from oregon

I have bought a couple IH 1.5 tonners in tht era and paid no more than $500.00. I probably wouldn't pay more than $700.00 but there are guys around here asking of $1500 - $2500.00 for that condition.

I just bought a 1935 IH 1.5 ton $300.00.

Finding parts is like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. Some time and effort you can find anything you'll need, probably even N.O.S. stuff, and hook up with great resources. If you just want to find a door tomorrow forget it.

That door is probably fixable with a few hours work, good old thick american steel, the fender just a few more.

3. Squablow

Squablow

It's probably worth around $500 in scrap, as a project it's probably in the $700 range. It's rough and there's not a whole lot of demand for these, especially the big trucks.

I've got a 1 1/2 ton '38 Chevy truck that runs and has a boom and winch on it that I'll sell for $1500 as an example, and generally Chevys and pre-war stuff is more valuable/a lot cooler to me.

4. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

5. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

No matter what the price, the sale will usually hinge on IF he has the title. Lack of title is usually a deal breaker.

6. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Well my brothers and I purchased this truck for my dad for his birthday. The PO is working on getting the title too. So now I need to find a left fender. I already got a door for it.