Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods wits end-283 won't start

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vetteson, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Im pretty sure it wasn’t you here & for sure it was a completely different thread.

2. Yep,,,,,things are getting back to normal here ,,,,I can just feel it !

Tommy

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  3. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you go back and read my post again, you'll notice I said "ONE of the worst things you could possibly do" not "THE WORST thing you could possibly do." As far as condensation is concerned, if the car is parked "HOT" and left to sit, not being started periodically, there won't be a problem with condensation. If it is started periodically, and brought up to operating temperature without a decent drive to blow the bulk of condensation out of the exhaust and use the heat generated by putting a load on the engine to dry up the rest of the system, you're wasting your time IMO, because EVERYTHING isn't getting hot enough to remove all the moisture. All of this is irrelevant anyway, the OP got it running and the problem wasn't what I thought,so oh well, I'm wrong again.

4. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Yes! Also, Arizona, Washington, Utah, New York, Massachusetts, and Ohio.

The short version is, I was born in Kentucky, and settled down in Clovis Ca.

My Dad was in the Navy, the Army and the Airforce.
    We were stationed in California twice.
    3 times if you count the Navy . . . (before my birth.)

5. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

BWAHHhHaHaHa.

This reminds me of the time my mom called to say her clothes dryer was making an awful racket. A possum had been stuffing the pipe full of nuts, and they'd gone into the fan.

" . . . forgot to put the sparkplugs back in. . . . that was our no-start problem."
    :D

I'm surprised all that fluid didn't blow back in his face as he was leaning over the carb looking down the throat!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020