Register now to get rid of these ads!

With a growing family and two kids that surf...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tetanusshot, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Looks like I had to go out and find something to haul everyone and a couple of boards... (yes, I'm ditching the 20s). 327, 4-speed. No options.

Plans are:
    Front disc conversion
    astro supremes, pinner whites , maybe cragars or torq thrust
    After market AC
    Add 3rd seat
    Luggage rack
    3" lowering coils
    ...and the all important dash mounted hula girl :rolleyes:

Anyone with suggestions regarding suppliers please advise. I've read on here about problems with supremes. Where can I get the good ones? Was thinking CPP for the brakes. Vintage Air GenIV for the breezes.

Attached Files:

2. robber

robber
    from Colorado

I like the cool longroof, tetanusshot.:cool: Looks like a '62. The emblem on the front fender implies that original equipment was a 327 4 barrel. Sweet!
    Wagons can be practical hotrods (oxymoron):rolleyes:... but it is true! I use my wagon to combine hobbies by hotrodding my way to go target shooting, camping, fishing, etc.. You can haul all kinds of stuff in them, including your wife and kids, and yes, you can put surf boards on the roof too!
    Whats cool is that after you hotrod your way to an activity, you have the only vehicle like it when you get there... and you can even sleep in it. They are great! ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  3. Robber, thanks for the reply! So I guess that's a 275 or 300 horse motor then? I'll look that up. I've been in truck land since 2005 so this is a change of scenery for me. I'm not necessarily a Chevy guy but I loved the looks of this 62. The four in the floor made me pull out the wallet! (I'm a sucker for a manual shift.)

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sweeet wagon 62 is my fav.

5. robber

robber
    from Colorado

Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, AMC, and ya, even Willys Overland... it matters not to me. I like them all.:) They all made cool stuff at one time or another.:cool: You are going to end up with one very reliable and sweet hotrod/wagon. Enjoy your wagon... your going to love it!;)

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nice wagon. I love my 62 thats in my avatar. I''ve had all kinds of cars and trucks but I'm having more fun with the wagon. Mine has 2" drop spindles, disc brake kit and a 9" Ford rear with cut coils.

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Scott , good luck and can't wait to ride shot gun.... Would love to see the astros first. That alone will add "cool Factor, through in 3 rows of family members, cooler full of drinks, roof rack and family road trip and it will take it over the top.... Nice score.

8. gman- I've checked out a few pics of your wagon on here while using the search feature. nice car! Mine's going to be as low budget and low maintenance as possible. I'm actually going to use it for local deliveries on behalf of my sign shop!

Andy- I've been thinning the herd~ got a few things for you! call me about the middle of the week