Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Wishbone Bungs for 1935 and later Ford Tie Rod Ends

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by CTaulbert, Jun 7, 2015.

1. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

City: Shipping to Anywhere

State: Michigan
    Price: Varies
    IMG_0748.jpg

OUT OF STOCK

Back in the early days of hot rodding, it was common to weld in a cut down tie rod on your split wishbones. While it was functional, it left a lot to be desired aesthetically. With today’s aftermarket bungs, you’re forced to use a jam nut to tighten the tie rod end, and when you’re trying to make something look as correct as possible, they just don’t cut it.

I started machining a custom bung that offers a smooth transition between the wishbone and tie rod end. The end steps down to the diameter of an original ’35 and later Ford tie rod. It’s also split at the ends, which means you can use a pinch clamp as well. Some historic hot rods had split wishbones with this type of tie rod end, and this is a way to obtain that look today.

The bungs are machined from mild steel, and come chamfered ready to be welded to your already split wishbone. Make sure you chamfer your wishbone, and use a 220v welder (and a competent welder) to weld them. As you can see from the photos, these bungs have quite a lot of design work and machine work in them - and they're PATENT PENDING....so no one knocks them off at a sacrifice of the quality I put into these.

I offer this ’35 and later wishbone bung three ways. The kits come with high quality, Brand Name, aftermarket tie rod ends

Bungs with Clamps - $70 OUT OF STOCK
    -One LH Thread, and one RH Thread steel bung
    -Two double ribbed clamps (the closest reproduction to original Ford clamps)
    IMG_0758.jpg

Steel Wishbone Splitting Kit - $130 OUT OF STOCK
    -Two double ribbed steel clamps (the closest reproduction to original Ford clamps)
    -Moog ES416L and ES416R tie rod ends
    IMG_0740.jpg

Stainless Steel Wishbone Splitting Kit - $220 OUT OF STOCK
    -Two So-Cal Speed Shop polished stainless single ribbed clamps
    -So-Cal Speed Shop polished stainless tie rod ends
    IMG_0744.jpg

I ship USPS flatrate, which is $8 for bare bungs to anywhere in the US , or $14 for a wishbone kit to anywhere in the US. If your're international, PM me for a quote and I'll find the best rate. PayPal is the easiest form of payment, but I can do a Money Order too. I only do small runs at a time, so don't hesitate if you're interested. Send me a PM or email for more information or to order.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    sko_ford, dwollam, jalopykid and 8 others like this.
  2. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

OUT OF STOCK

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018