Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wiseguys seat in a 40 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40Standard, Aug 31, 2017.

1. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Has anybody installed a Wiseguys seat & foam package in a 40 Ford? Did you have to trim the foam to fit inside the car? Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I haven't used Wise Guys, but the Glide fits perfect. I did not order foam as my upholster made it to fit my body. I have a real bad back. Most foam packages are universal so I would go with just the seat. Wise Guys has a good reputation but Glide is local in LA.

lothiandon1940 and LOU WELLS like this.
  3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Glide & Wiseguys seat frames have the same measurements. Wiseguys foam doesn't fit unless it's trimmed. Anybody have this problem?

4. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I am not an upholsterer nor do I have any experience with the seats in question but from what i have observed I would think that anyone doing a seat would like to start with extra foam that they could trim to fit the type pf upholstery they are installing.

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Wiseguys state that their foam fits as is, just upholster it. Well, it doesn't fit a 40 without trimming. My question was, has anybody else have this problem with their Wiseguy seat in a 40.

6. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know the answer but I have been thinking about buying one so I will wait for others to answer before I purchase.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Why not contact wiseguy's and ask them ?

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

oh, I called Wiseguys & talked to them at the NSRA Nats

9. littlebluecoupe

littlebluecoupe

Have a Wise Guys in my 36 coupe and its a great seat. I suggest you call Jim Wise and he can answer any questions about his foam kits and will be upfront with you and help you. Great hot rod guy!