Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wiring up turn signals and they won't flash.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Early Ironman, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

I followed the wiring diagram. Have 3 new flashers in my hoard of parts. Will not flash with any of them. Pulled the flasher out of my 41 and still the same result. The turn signals on both side come on but they don't flash. Anyone have a similar experience and any suggestions?
    Am using a four wire signal stat 902 turn signal switch.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Are you using L.E.D. bulbs? If so, they won't work with regular flashers.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Deuced Up! and lothianwilly71 like this.
  3. Check the ground.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm going with Lothiandon1049 (sp?) in that you either have led lights that take an electronic flasher or your flashers are all for a set value that requires more resistance than your lights have even if you have regular bulbs. That is if the flashers are oem type flashers for rigs that have more than one bulb in the rear turn signals.
    A regular generic Heavy duty flasher while not working with led lights usually doesn't worry about the number of lights you have hooked up be it two or six. I've tried to use oem donor rig flashers that would either flash slow or not at all because my one bulb in the front and one in the back didn't have enough resistance to trigger it.

5. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Well, my flasher works now. I have a bunch of bulbs in a bag. I tried some different bulbs and that was the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. bct

bct

yep flashers need a load (amp draw) to work.

lothiandon1940 likes this.