Register now to get rid of these ads!

wiring ? on '35 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J'st Wandering, Sep 20, 2007.

1. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I am working on the wiring of a 1935 Ford.

Where was the starter button originally? The wiring harness seems to lead to the floor board along the left side. I am using a starter solenoid so I can go anywhere but just curious where Henry meant it to be.

How about the holes in the dash surrounding the area for the radio. There are four holes in a square. Lower left is throttle, lower right is chock, upper left is cigar lighter(?) and upper right is what?

Thanks. Neal

2. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

35 had a starter button in the floor between the brake and clutch pedal,right below the steering column.

-danny

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And it switched the actual battery cable--no solenoid or small wiring at all. It could be rewired to use the original switch to ground the solenoid for original appearance, or you could put in a small pushbutton over on the left of dash like a '37-48 and wire it following 1937 practice.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The other knob around the radio/ashtray was for the dash light switch.

5. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Thanks to all for the help.

I see the hole below the steering column for the switch. I set up a Model A with the switch there and it took me a while to get used to not hitting it when I hit the brake pedal. But the '35 has more room so maybe it would work better.

Neal