Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wiring harness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROBERT JAM, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Need a basic wiring harness for my roadster project. Just the basic stuff,headlights tailights,ignition ,turn signals ect. Can you give me your sugestions on a good company and harness.

2. Robert,from what I understand the Rebel kits is a good basic kit that is reasonably priced. HRP

mgtstumpy likes this.
  3. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Ok thanks Danny

4. BTW,did you sell your sedan? HRP

5. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

6. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Danny , no I haven't sold the sedan,how about you?

7. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

ChuckleHead_Al is selling the 8 wire Rebel kit on the HAMB, for $150. I almost bought it but had to not do it. I know he still has it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  8. 150J/F

150J/F

I went with American Autowire Hwy. 15 cause I needed all the switches and stuff.
    Nice kit.

pat59 and 3340 like this.
  9. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Painless

3340 likes this.
  10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I went with Rebel also.
    Installed a Painless kit in my bud's F100 (351 Cleveland power) The BIAS toward Chevrolet systems was a turnoff to me, anything but 'Painless'. (I should talk...I've wired rods, customs, German and Italian cars from scratch since 1958.)
    Painless' manual was excellent, however. I just resented the 'one way' on their Chevrolet plugs, etc.

11. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

<====< We did Rebel.

12. I have used pretty much every brand on the market for customer cars, and done a few from scratch, but when it comes to my own or if the customer gives me the choice, I always use Painless!
    I find the quality of wire is better, the hardware is better and the instructions are very well written, which for a first timer can save a whole lot of hair pulling.

13. I did rebel on my 1960. Covered everything and had enough to convert to quad headlights. Got my H.A.M.B. discount too. Nice quality I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. This is my kit of choice,we have used 9 of these in the last 6 years. HRP

milwscruffy and trollst like this.
  15. trollst

trollst

American autowire is all I'll use, mainly because they are totally complete, nothing else needed.

rfraze likes this.
  16. phat rat

phat rat

Twenty two ago I used Kwik Wire on my cpe. Because I wanted just a few circuits I used Rebel Wire on my T last year

17. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Used Rebel on my '39. I'd use them again if I ever do another project.

18. AAW for me too.

19. I'm in the middle of a Haywire T kit in my '27 T.

20. roundvalley

roundvalley

I like Rebel because I can call them and they will talk to me so I can understand!

21. Bob Miller from Rebel has furnished my last two wiring harnesses, a good, responsible business man, recommended! http://www.rebelwire.com/
    model a panes.jpg

22. I used Painless in my 32 back in 06 & it hasn't burned up yet.
    I'm using my own in my 34 roadster probably be sorry some day, I hope not.

23. Clik

Clik

I hear a lot of reviews that cite "easy to read instructions", "customers service", "price", "comes with all the hardware", etc. But I haven't seen any comparison of wire quality. Where' is Crazy Steve on this?

24. I used a Kwik Wire in my Ford, very easy to work with instructions. I don't know if they make one, but if you have a roadster you may want one with the fuse block that mounts in the trunk or behind the seat.