Register now to get rid of these ads!

wiring harness selection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atotalnincompoop, Jun 29, 2012.

1. i have decided to put a new wiring harness into my 64 caddy, i have been looking on ebay for one, would a universal 22 circuit gm compatible unit suffice?
    or do i need something caddy specific?
    i'd like to spend $300 or less.
    :)

2. harley rider

harley rider

I just installed an E-Z wire kit 21 circiut around $ 200 with shipping.quality and good customer service. check out rebel wire too.

3. There are dozens of threads on wiring kits on here.
    Plenty of helpful advise etc.
    Check them out.

4. ryno

ryno

rebel
    tugmaster here on the board
    9+3 kit or a 21 if you want to get real crazy

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yep, a lot of threads on the subject already, but to answer your question, no, you do not need a 64 Caddy specific kit. Wire is wire, and the universal kits are just that. As long as you get one that has enough circuits to handle all the accessories on the car you will be fine. Most of these kits come with way too many circuits and way too much wire anyway, so you will probably have leftovers. I have two big boxes filled with excess wire and components from the few kits we have used.

Don

6. thanks for the input guys, i'll order one right now:)

i looked in the archive and read some threads on the topic, maybe i just wanted to talk to somebody:p

7. studebaker46

studebaker46

i would defintely at least talk to tug about his rebel harness very goodquality and very competive on price plus he is hamber and super nice guy. tom