Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wiper post Bullet options?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 59IMPALER, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Just bought some Taiwan wiper post bullets for the '53. They look like every other bullet I've seen being sold by car show vendors. I assume they're made by one factory and sold by everybody. Maybe I've just got to get used to seeing them there, but they look HUGE! These are an inch and a half tall. Has anyone used something shorter to cover up wiper posts?

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Maybe a wiper arm and blade? Stu

3. Con Safos

Con Safos

That sounds about how they all look. Your probably just not used to seeing anything there!

4. Same as mine......

5. That was the original plan, I thought that it would look unfinished without them. I've got arms that I can cut down. But my thought on this now is I think that it would look too cluttered with the short windshield. Rain-X works better, anyway.

6. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

Sun Spec offers a different version of wiper bullets that can be shortened.

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

They're all big like that.

Just take the time and set up some wipers..

Rain-x doesn't protect you from the tsunami of slush that gets sprayed on your windshield when a lifted truck passes you......

8. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

[​IMG]

Yeah way too cluttered ;)

I'll be running sectioned wiper arms on mine. This is just my opinion. I know your car has a curved front glass and is a completely different car.... I just really love the details

9. atomickustom

atomickustom

I have the wipers on my '53. They don't actually work all that well (the arms are worn and slip on the shaft sometimes) so I only use them in a heavy downpour but I still like the way they look.

10. I found some bullet slip on lug nut covers that we're a little shorter and fatter A Dan of silicone and they worked great.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. At a parts store? Truck stop? Is there a name brand? I'm really interested in checking them out. Also, I'm not opposed to running wipers, but there could be a mechanical issue. With the motor off of it's mounting bracket, turning the blades with the transmission yolk , it seems pretty tough to turn, even with no arms. Is there side to side adjustment in the post holders?(what are they called?) It seems like the cables are really tight.

12. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back in 63 I took the wipers off my 63 Fairlane and replaced them with chrome lug nut covers, worked great until the weather went to %*$& and I met some cars on a slushy two lane highway in Iowa in the winter. I put the wipers back on, never took 'em off again:)