Register now to get rid of these ads!

wiper connection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pat Thompson, May 27, 2012.

1. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

I am working on a rat rod for a guy and he has a 97 Chevy pickup wiper motor he wants to use. He doesn't have the trucks steering column so he needas a different switch to control it. Anyone know of a switch that is compatable?

2. BJR

BJR

The RR word!

3. cheveey57

cheveey57

You'll never get an answer or make any friends talking shit rods around here. FYI try talking in general if the car is off topic and maybe someone will give you an answer. Prof this board is not your cup of tea, try a shit rod board.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

4. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Some people just don't get it.

5. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Read the sticky, do a proper intro, and DON'T say the "R" word!

6. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Wiper switches can be difficult and I know that you would think it would be really simple. The park feature is something that makes the design more complex. I would think about taking the arm, with the turn signal switch on it, off of a GM column. Mount the arm under the dash or somewhere so that the end of the switch is exposed. You should be able to find a switch and the switch wiring at an older salvage yard. Use the wires in the original GM harness to connect the switch to the wiper motor.

Welcome to the HAMB. Do not let the BS bother you. Some people need to spend more time building stuff and less time on their computer.

John

7. I kind of agree with Mr Junk here. Although I do believe that there is a way to advise an FNG that this is not a rat rod site without sending him down the road tucking tail. The truth is that it may just be a semantics problem and with gentle prodding we might find out that it is a jalopy and not a junk rod.

I am not a big fan of the later switches myself and while John's solution is more than doable the other solution is to look at a switch like say from a later Nova ('70s model) While they didn't come stock with intermittent wipers that did have a dash mounted switch. Vegas believe it or not could be purchased with intemittent wipers and maybe with a little prodding the fella at the parts counter can find a switch for one of them. Both switches can be had from the local parts house.

8. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Being its a ***rod,the possibilities of jiggarigging are endless.