Register now to get rid of these ads!

Winterport Maine Nostalgia Drag pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevy54, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jim,
    This was the first time that i had the car at Winterport and only the second time that i had been there. If you remember right it was quite cold that day with a good wind blowing. I do remember talking about my rear tires hooking up. I watched the early qualifying rounds to get an idea of how the track was. I think the crew at Winterport does a great job prepping the track but i have 10" cheater slicks on my car and i knew that i would have a problem on that track that day. There is a whole thread on here about these tires. I wasn't going to take a chance with this car and as i said earlier the track officials told me to park it so i did. I might have had a little attitude about that as they let a few other people do exactly what i did with no consequences. Still it was a great event with awesome racing and a really nice car show. I may go back someday.

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No problem. We get that shit everywhere:D:D If your from Orange County California what in the hell were you doing in Maine?????

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just thought you all might like to see this picture from Manasses Virginia. The car on the right is the original jolly dolly which use to race with the original filthy forty alot back in the day. This was the very first track that the S&S team raced at. It was our first time at this event and we had alot of fun[​IMG]

4. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

A few shots from when I was up at winterport this summer.

Attached Files:

5. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Im from the Scarborough area, Moved out to SoCal a short while ago to enjoy hotrods and motorcycles year round with shows and events every week! Its working:D No more plows or snow shovels.....just rain jackets and umbrellas recently:confused:

6. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

I bet the 3rd track mention is the Loring deal..
    .Maine is Maine... cold at times but I'm ok with the place and overall I think that Maine people are a pretty good bunch..
    Pontaiac Slim

7. ardyboy

ardyboy

taking a look at the Nova, Vega and small panel truck I'd say they had some bite on the line

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't miss that either. Heard that there's been alot of rain out there lately. Your car is sweet by the way.

9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was a summer event. Probably a good 40 degree's warmer than the day we were there.

10. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Thanx man! and yes it was quite cool out that morn with the wind! Still a couple of great wheel pulling runs tho!
    Maine is a great place, my fam and many friends are there, alot of great, tough and hard working people there too, and a cool ol skool nostalgia dragstrip to boot! But, after 19 yrs of building homes outside every winter I have had enough! Great time to move to another great place! Only a plaine flight away from home.

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eric, I've been building homes here for 26 years. We have been really busy with alot of high end homes. The economy hasn't affected the wealthy . that has made the last few years very good for us. Hope all goes well for you out there.