Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Winter updates on 1964 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrap metal 48, May 5, 2018.

1. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Over the winter I performed some updates on the driver Falcon.. I replaced the on top of the light switch fuse block with one on the inner fender.. Made a radio block off plate and painted the dash plastic.. Also installed new molded carpet and factory seat upholstery.. Adjusted the sloppy shifter linkage and now I think I'm ready for some summer cruising.. What did you guys get done over the winter?? It was very cold in Ohio this past winter and a good opportunity to get some much needed updates done....**clic pic** 100_4094.JPG 100_4097.JPG 100_4106.JPG 100_4107.JPG

Muttley, coupe man, Deuces and 8 others like this.
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am glad someone got something done during the Ohio winter,I done a little to my 55 sunliner but it was just too cold to do much.

3. The Falcon is looking great!

4. Love the Falcon....looks great

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I have been fighting a hard shifting into 2nd for a year and finally found the problem.. Got under the car with the trans in 2nd gear and studied it for about 2 minutes when I saw the first-second rod hitting the top of the first-second boss on the side of the trans.. 30 seconds with a grinder and problem fixed.. Wish I looked harder a year ago.. Oh well, slamming second now and boy is it fun.... **clic pic** 100_3995.JPG

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

What's a good header fit for 289/ 4 speed with original "Z" bar.. Going to update exhaust and I know there can be issues around the "Z" bar.. Thanks for any help...

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

No idea but that car looks great!

scrap metal 48 likes this.