Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Winter Project" Too far gone? 34 Ford Tudor Sedan Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Feb 4, 2009.

1. I appreciate All the comments. This one has been fun, and although a lot of work, it went pretty fast.

Spending the first 18 years of my life in Bismarck North Dakota, I knew it was the right thing to do to move somewhere that doesnt get much snow in the winter. Nothing like layin under a project and havin a huge slush ball land on your fourhead!!!!LOL Supposed to be 66 degrees this weekend!!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yours looks WAY better than the guy's who posted pics a couple days ago of one the entire right side was GONE! Nice project, and I'm begining to agree that this snow and ice thing was fun for a while, but enough is enough.

3. Thanks SOLO, here is the merc build if interested.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229300
    ETHER

4. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Ether you are an animal!!!
    Great work.Still like your Merc better:)

5. greaser

greaser

Nice work Ether!
    I wish I had your ambition....you sure know the order of things, and I'm jealous.
    I'd probably be laying on my back, welding the floor in while the body's swinging above.
    I'd feel totally satisfied with all my hard work, and then curse when the skewed body is lowered on the frame!
    Thanks for showing me how it SHOULD be done!!!

6. Thanks,
    There was definatelly alot of thinking and looking the process through before I started. Not to mention hoping it will pan out in the end. Old saying goes," Id rather be LUCKY than GOOD anyday"!!!
    At the end of the day everything ended good, the doors opened and closed with no sagging, LUCK!! It worked for me and I hope the thread helps others with their process. I guess just another way of doing it.

7. Oldfart, maybe when the snow clears, Ill take ya up on the room!!!!! LOL

8. bennettamx

bennettamx

Excellent thread and great photos!!!

9. blackout

blackout

Very nice save.

10. hvychvy

hvychvy

Very nice work,really diggin your merc too.Please keep us posted.

11. Anything new to show or report on EITHER project Chad? It's been over 30 days..... I feel like a junky.

12. The 34 is in paint. And i have been working on the merc. You can see that on the project area 51 threads. I expect the 34 back for a little work getting it runnoing and such after paint as well as interior and steering.

13. Just a couple questions to answer that I have been getting PMs for. The floor and firewall is from Bitchin Prod. and the other sheetmetal came from a guy in eBay.

The top fill info came from help of anouther HAMBer CHOPRODS.

the very best- is a roof skin from a 1980-84 full size Cadillac sedan deville or Buick Park Avenue.
    rear wheel drive style and [must be from a 4 door] to be long enough to cover the hole in a 33 34.[Especially when chopped]
    All of them were 1/4" padded foam/vinyl tops so its a lot of work [gettin one ready]. it does however fit PERFECTLY, with no need to even push the edges down.