late this past summer I ended up buying a 1956 F-100 pickup. It ran and drove and I cruised it around while summer dwindled into fall, and kind of took inventory of what it needed and what I wanted to do to it. It’s a pretty original truck, one old repaint, rebuilt 223 6 with a factory OD. I wanted to build a mild custom- lowered, caps, chrome, merc tail lights, etc. what you may see cruising the streets or pushing a digger in like 1961. A few weeks ago I decided to get going, and started with the rear first. It’s half ass because I’m not restoring it, I’m trying to give it all I can as my time and budget allows. The truck needs some dent and rust repair. Some it will get, some it will wait. I just want to have it on the road by spring. Hang out if you want. I’ll try to update this as I go.... This is what I am staring with, sits like a marmon Harrington. All the springs, suspension, shackles, pins are all new in this truck. Someone put a lot of time into it...and I’m gonna fuck it all up A week ago I started prepping the bed to come off. I removed what was left of the wood and started buzzing/breaking bolts This is my pile of springs and axle I had dropped. Once the bed was finally off, I used a wire wheel and wire brush to clean the frame the best I could. Then took advantage of a warm afternoon and washed the whole rear of the frame with simple green. I let it dry for a coupe days and removed the rear end, springs, and front spring hangers for the rear spring. Then started pairing it using some Zero Rust I had left over from another project. My lil buddy even chipped in on labor Tonight I installed some modified front spring hangers and longer rear shackles, along with Posie springs. I estimate the drop to be 6-7” total. With no weight on the rear the chrome running boards are 10” off the ground and plenty of clearance between the rear end and frame. The rear end is just mocked back in it, I have an early F100 9” going under it.