Register now to get rid of these ads!

Winter Junkyard Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darby, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Darby

Darby

I was headed to Connecticut today to pick up some heads for the rod, and heard about this place Steve's outside Worcester. My crappy camera phone didn't like the high-contrast wide angle shots with white snow, bright sun, and dark rusty cars, but some of the close-ups came out ok. I couldn't find any 39/40 pickups, but had fun walking around, and will be headed back for a couple things that I should be able to adapt. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was some other interesting stuff- some Imperials, a 30's Ford pickup with a nice gauge set and a flattie in it, and a pile of Corvairs, including a Monza convert with a perfect steering wheel. I don't like Corvairs, but they had 5-6 of them. BTW- If you choose to reply, please spare my bandwidth by not re-quoting me. Thanks!

2. aedan

aedan
    from ###

kool do you plan on buying anything?

3. Spooky

Spooky

Nice winter ghosts...

4. bustingear

bustingear

I want to adopt them all!

5. Foul

Foul

that's not bad for a camera phone. I really like the composition of the one with the bullet-nose Stude.

That 30s Ford pickup, what shape was it in?
    d

6. Interesting roof treatment on the Merc!-MIKE:D

7. Darby

Darby

It's a 1.3 MP phone that I got for $50 when I renewed my plan. Those are the first pics I took with it. The Ford was basically a cab on a frame- no front or rear sheet metal, and it mighta been a dual rear wheel- don't remember- it was one of the first things I looked at, so I don't remember the sheet metal condition. I've got a couple pics of it that came out dark- I'll try to frig with the contrast and see what I can get. It did have a really nice set of gauges in it that I thought about snagging, but they didn't look like they were in a separate panel that I could unbolt easily- the whole dash would have to come out, and it was pretty rusty around the edges, so I don't know.

I do plan on going back next weekend and getting a couple things. There's a neat steering column in a Packard that I want, and those Buick taillights are in too good a shape to pass up. I don't really need them, but I may buy them either to save for the next projet or for swapping material.

8. Darby

Darby

The distance shot of the Ford is too dark- I can't lighten it up enough without washing it out. But here's the engine and a really blurry interior pic. I'll stick a couple others on here too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Thanks for posting the pics,I love junkyards. :D

10. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

Now that's the Autorama I like.