Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Winter cover on radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Never Done, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Never Done

Never Done
    from Norway

Is this made local or is it option for 1930 Ford? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433422305.796158.jpg

2. I've seen something similar here in the United States,years ago my Grandfather used a piece of cardboard to help keep the heat in the radiator. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Not that long ago but, when myself and a buddy went on the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour (97) we used the cardboard trick while going through the Rockies, worked great.

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Perhaps on the A, however Ford fixed that issue with the V8 flathead :)

5. Pines Winterfront came up with a better idea for the 32 Fords that had to go regardless of how cold the weather. HRP

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. I love the look of those Pines Winterfronts. Shame they're so "pricey" when you can even find 'em.

7. aaggie

aaggie

Probably local made, cardboard works until it gets wet but is easily replaced. It looks well made and I bet the Winters in Norway demands something sturdier than cardboard.

8. My mom used to call those a sweater when I was little, the ones that looked like window blinds she called a turtle neck. I have seen them on old Fords before but not since I was a little guy. They still use something similar on Diesel trucks

9. Never Done

Never Done
    from Norway

Cool thing to use under ice racing on the lakes in whintertime.