Register now to get rid of these ads!

Winnipeg Rodarama 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ralph, May 1, 2011.

1. Ralph

Ralph

I decided to start a thread about Winnipeg's Rodarama Car Show. I't's put on by the Manitoba Street Rod Association. It's a low key car show for car people. No soap stars, B list celebs, or fashion shows. Just two hockey rinks filled with about 105 nice cars, lots of which are driven to and from the show. If anybody else has pics, feel free to add them in. Larry's (henryj429) 37 Lincoln Woodie wagon made it here for its first show. It's amazing!
    Patterson's restored Buck Hardtop wagon, Hoitink's Hot rod, Pete Kroeker's Gene Winfield painted Chevy, and my 64 Pickup. "Uncle" Bill Harrison of VavaVoom Garage decided this would be his last show as a vendor, so instead of a bunch of vintage parts for sale, he set up a Tiki Bar, and served drinks all weekend! Lots more, but this'll do for a start.

Attached Files:

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Sorry I missed this one. I've yet to make it to this show. :(
    Maybe next year I can show my Essex as a work in progress.

3. cac646

cac646

Is that hoitink car the same guy that built the heavily chopped / sectioned 53 chevy?

Looks like another good show but I'll stick to the hot weather!!

4. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

Cool ! Thanks for posting ! Hope you didn`t have to drive home in the snow !

[​IMG]

5. Ralph

Ralph

Yep, same guy. The front suspension was kinda suspect, but the basic idea was cool. And yes, I did drive my truck home in the snow.

6. Ralph

Ralph

More: Gauthier's 55 with a blown LS motor and 6 speed, a 39 Ford, Tim's unfinished but very detailed trad 28 Roadster, and Richard's kids 67 Nova. The Nova was given to Richard's (12?)year old son by his grandfather. this was his first car show. I watched the 28 roadster get lowered out of a truck with an engine hoist! First the back, then the front. I think it'll end up gloss black with a red frame. Loved the display with all the "little books".

Hey Boyd, you're excused from missing the show since they closed the highway into Winnipeg because of the snowstorm! Maybe I'll throw in some "leaving" shots next.
    Ralph

Attached Files:

7. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Yeah, the weather certainly wasn't helpful last weekend! Great pics, thanks a bunch for sharing!

8. henryj429

henryj429

I really liked this Chebby and the gennie 36 that the Tin man brought. That and the really cold beer in Ralph's bottomless cooler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Saxxon

Saxxon

The weather made for an interesting load up after the show. Tried to drive the Scout out. It sure didn't like making that sharp right turn just outside of the door. 3 inches of slush, slicks, spool and thin little front runners don't make for a succesful combination. Got it where it needed to be but not without it going offroad a bit.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  10. oldy57

oldy57

I thought the show was one of the best in the last few years. Lots of new and interesting stuff. Larry did you win any awards. I thought it was the best in show. There was some very high dollar cars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. oldy57

oldy57

12. oldy57

oldy57

13. oldy57

oldy57

14. oldy57

oldy57

15. oldy57

oldy57

16. oldy57

oldy57

17. oldy57

oldy57

18. oldy57

oldy57

19. 47.Poncho

47.Poncho

Jesus, I didn't think there would be that many Winnipegers on The Hamb. Ha Ha, so what's happening with these cops and pulling everyone over? Anyone not driving there car this summer?

20. Ralph

Ralph

47 Poncho, lets leave that ugly situation for another thread, and drive your car wherever you want this summer. Except not on Portage Avenue on Sunday nights.

Just bask in the glow of oldy57's great photos. The quality of the cars was top shelf again this year.And yes, Oldy57, Larry won several awards. Neatest Woodpile, Best Whittling, the Paul Bunyan award.....but really, yeah, he cleaned up. There's a photo somewhere of Larry standing in the middle of about a 6 foot circle of his winnings! His 37 Lincoln wagon is fabulous, even moreso when you know he built the whole thing himself except for upholstery. Design, fabrication, welding, bodywork, paint, wiring - the works! He won't brag about it himself, so I have to do it for him.

So many other beautiful cars too. Gary's Willys Sedan, Merl's 28 Tudor, Sweeny's 36 Cabriolet... Oldy57, I bet you've got more!
    Ralph

21. ratt7

ratt7

Thanks for the pics !!

22. Saxxon

Saxxon

Thanks for posting the pics. The Rodarama, in my opinion, draws better cars than the World of Wheels. It kinda sucks for the vendors but I have never heard a complaint (other than snow and no heat in the building) and my Brother puts in a table every year. This year's gathering of machinery was by far the best. There were 4 or 5 cars I was drooling over, the Lincoln Woodie (phantom) was certainly one of them but my favorite by far was the Lil Ruby VW that was parked 10 feet from the Scout. That little beast was simply awesome in it's finish and attention to detail. Besides I have a soft spot for custom V-Dubs. My second favotite was the 57 Buick wagon. That behemoth was simply gorgeous.

Hey Tom, good talking to you again and thanks for more than my share of pictures of the Scout. I'm hoping next year that I'll have the blower on it for the show. Definitely a long shot for time and $$$ but I'll make an effort.

See you at Gimli. Hopefully we'll have some sun by then

23. Wow....... Winterpeg has some nice rides!!

24. wow maybee someday I should renew my pasport, which seems to be more cost than it value
    i sure used to enjoy running the speedway years ago, did not need much at the border then
    hope the price of fuel goes down so travel becomes more affordable, have seen some of the cars at devils lake and other places