Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Windshield Help

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by edcj7, Apr 8, 2019.

1. edcj7

edcj7

On my 30 Model A coupe, I'm trying to figure out where my windshield frame is supposed to sit on the side post. Does it sit in the middle, or does it cover it? Does it cover the screw for the visor? The car was chopped and might not be in the correct position. Thanks in advance.

2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

The '30 A w/s frame sits against the post, covers about 1/2 the post left to right...
    I may have a $50.00 pair of posts if you go that route...
    '28-'29 and '30-'31 w/s frames and their hinges are different...
    A w/s frames have small crown head screw and hidden nut in the top corners ...
    2 countersunk screws through the frame that are also hidden behind the rubber gasket...
    about a 1" horizontal flange along the bottom edge... '32-'34 truck don't have it...
    careful ! ...model TEEs look the same but are narrower by about 1" left to right and have a small tube that the w/s wiper arm slides through that is welded to the top, left side...

3. edcj7

edcj7

Mine might be right then. It covers about half the post on each side like you said. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the response.

4. charlieb66

charlieb66

There is a rubber gasket/seal that goes in the slot on each side and the bottom. Also a rubber seal between the WS hinge and metal header panel. Seals available from any model A supply house.

5. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

memory says they call it a seal around the frame and a gasket across the top/ hinge... $6 or $7 .. ?