Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Windshield gasket 47 Ford car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Britton, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    A quick question that I should probably know the answer to already.
    My Super Deluxe 47 Ford tudor needs new windshield gaskets and rear window gaskets.
    I have a gasket for the rear, but it doesn't have the groove for the chrome insert. That's OK, I don't have the insert anyway. Can't find one.
    Now for my question. I went on the Steele site, and I can get the gasket for the windshield that does not have the groove for the chrome. I do have the insert for the windshield, but I'm thinking since I can't find the chrome to go in the back, why not put in a new gasket in the front without the chrome?
    Am I over thinking this?
    It's hot here,maybe I'm giving this too much thought.....Thank, Mike

:p

2. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I went without the stainless steel trim front and rear. Depends on the look you want. By the way make sure you have at least three people helping when you install the front gasket and glass. I found it to be a real sob . I had my two sons helping . With both halves of the glass in the gasket I had my two sons inside the car each holding half of the glass and gasket. I was outside working the string . We started by installing the drivers side first then the passengers side.
    Make sure you have lots of soap and water.