Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Window channel seal

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mike Colemire, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Does anyone know where you can buy the seal or rubber that the door glass rolls up in to seal it? On my 40 chev, in my aviator, I have all the window regulators and metal channels for both doors, I have nothing to go by so if anyone has a pic or the size I need I.d appreciate it. I wish I could go to a 1 piece glass in the doors and eliminate the vent glass but there is to much curve. I'm going to repair my vent glass frames and make them stationary for now. If anyone has a pair of the chrome head light bezels out there, let me know, don't have to be perfect.

2. badvolvo

badvolvo

Chevys of the 40's
    www.chevsofthe40s.com
    Parts and information. They have been good to me.
    What's powering your 40?

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I've used Chevs of the 40s for some things but mostly Steele Rubber for rubbers, window felts and rigid run channels etc. I refurbished my entire car and only recently had all the glass channels and felts arrive. Good service from both businesses.

Attached Files:

4. 4b316

4b316
    from ny

On my 46 dodge pickup, I went to the parts yard and pulled a set from a early 80,s f-150

5. rosstom

rosstom

Try rubbertherightway. They have a wide assorment of seals/rubbers.

6. Try Restoration Specialties too.

7. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Most come straight and you have to bend them, so you can source from anywhere. Just confirm your width/height.
    If you do have to bend them, do it over the glass to ensure a proper fit. I like to glue mine in with 3M weather strip adhesive applied to both surfaces. Holds like iron!

8. I repaired my original channels, as the backing was OK, but most of the fuzzy stuff had fallen out or worn away. I replaced it with a length of the "loop" part of the "hook and loop" (Velcro) tape. You can buy just the "loop" part, self-adhesive backed, about 1" wide from haberdashery supplies.
    Scrape/peel away what is left of the old fuzzy stuff, leaving just the steel backing.
    Measure the length, cut to size, peel the backing off, double it over along it's length, put it in the backing, and push it home with a steel ruler. Trim the excess along the length with a sharp blade. Some places sell this as a "repair kit", but it is the same Velcro stuff.

9. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

I&I Reproductions in Paramount Ca. may have what you need.