Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wilwood pedal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingman9, May 21, 2010.

1. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I just bought a Wilwood Reverse Swing Mount Dual Master Cylinder Pedal which needs to be mounted under the dash of my '32. Of course it doesn't come with a bracket or anything. I realize that I can't just mount it on the firewall because of the stresses involved. Anybody got any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

Why not weld a plate on the inside of the firewall to add some supporting strength, the mount the pedal assembly to the plate. Or buy a floor mount assembly.

3. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

i am using the same setup, i just put a 3/16" thick stiffner plate between the bracket and the firewall, plenty strong.

Attached Files:

4. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

There is my dilemma - my mc faces the dash, it doesn't go through the firewall. My first thought was also a reinforcing plate on the firewall, but...

5. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I'm about to do that on a car..You will have to make a small "bubble" or hole in the firewall for clearance then attach the plate on the inside. You can either weld the plate in or bolt it.
    If you bolt it use about 4 bolts on a side of the square plate..This is one place you don't want any flex.
    You can cover the hole in the firewall with a small "cup".