Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wilwood 3/4 Master cylinder question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul Y, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Paul Y

Paul Y

Guys,

I am using a 3/4 remote Wilwood Master cylinder to operate my hydraulic clutch.

Question is, the 'Jars' that come with it do they require an O ring to seal them correctly to the body or can it be accomplished with just the large clip that comes with the kit?

I have tried to fit an O ring in the machined groove but there is no way I can get a 'Jar' to fit with it in place.

Would appreciate comments before I fill it with brake fluid and discover that i really needed the 0 ring....

P.:D

2. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

I took a look at my master cylinders. While I can't remember if there is an o ring in place or not, it sure looks like there is. You aren't trying to assemble it cold, are you?
    The flange of the reservoir bottle should be heated between 100 and 125 degrees using a hair dryer before assembling them on to the master cylinder body. Heat makes all the difference.

3. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Definitely uses an o ring. Also, I'm talking 100--125 Fahrenheit. Good luck.

4. Paul Y

Paul Y

I think heat is the answer as I was trying to install it cold. Spent about 45 mins with washing up liquid trying to get it to slip into place with the O ring, no problem at all without!

Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated.

P.