Register now to get rid of these ads!

History WILLYS PANEL DELIVERY/TRUCK ? FACTORY PRODUCED?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelguy, Dec 31, 2015.

1. wheelguy

wheelguy

1941 Willys PANEL Delivery/ truck ?????> ONLY REALLY NEED 1941 INFO.
    FOREIGN BUILT? KILOMETER SPEEDOMETER?
    Were these ever factory produced or only custom built ?????
    If anyone out there knows (you Willys gurus will know) anything about these please post your info.
    I'd like to know how many were built (if they did build them), any history.
    THANKS for any info you may have.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. when are you going to post pics of the one you found?:D

3. elgringo71

elgringo71

4. aaggie

aaggie

There was one built as a Gasser years ago called "Willies Pie Wagon". Beautiful car and not only fast but was in a lot of shows. Google it.

5. wheelguy

wheelguy

NO Willys EXPERTS out there with info on these?????
    41 WILLYS PANEL TRUCK, Possibly from South America or Australia ????
    Need some history on these> THANKS

6. elgringo71

elgringo71

1. [​IMG]
      chopdtop
      from PWELO aka Pueblo

2. Very interesting Craigslist find tonight(not mine, but I wish that I had the money for it!)

Extremely rare, original condition, 1942 Willys Americar / Gasser-style Panel Delivery. From the research performed, this vehicle was the very last of the line of non-military commercial vehicles made and delivered by Willys, prior to the USA entering WWII. This vehicle is quite unusual with lots of original wood framing (mostly in excellent condition) throughout the interior of the body. Through national and international research, no others have been located and therefore is believed to be the only remaining vehicle of its kind. It was exported from the USA to Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1942, right when all available resources were diverted into the war effort. As was described by an Argentinian contact, the vehicle had been used for making deliveries as part of a family business in and around the city of Buenos Aires. Various Argintinian receipts and registration documents that date back to the 1970's will be included with the vehicle. Further vehicle-use history research should be possible for the new owner of the vehicle. The vehicle was brought back into the USA in the mid 2000's.

The vehicle hasn't been started or driven for approximately two years, however it ran, drove and stopped amazingly well for an original vehicle of this vintage.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ys-picture-thread.550556/page-65#post-7179607

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  7. Picys no worky.

8. I am very interested in the 42 Willys Panel above, if it is for sale. PLease call or e-mail me. Thanks Ted [email protected] 702-236-9893