Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willy works n.y.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jan bogert, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jan bogert

jan bogert

I've seen the question asked before, is Willys Works still in business. I've been speaking with Vinny, the owner about a tilt nose for my '33. i'm leaving tomarow morning to take my 33 grill up to him, so he can mount it in the tilt nose i'm buying from him. so the answer is he's still up there in New York. just wanted to let the guys know who need things for their Willys.:)

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, post some pics of your ride and his shop

3. jan bogert

jan bogert

ok, heres what i'm building. 4 door sedan to a 2 door sedan delivery.

Attached Files:

4. Vinny made some nice stuff, and several different body styles. All the stuff I ever bought from him fit steel cars very well. He was great to deal with. Glad to hear that he is still making Willys parts. I used to have several Willy Works t-shirts...wore them out. Let us know how his stuff fits your early car...I bought 40-41 stuff from him.
    g-willys

5. jan bogert

jan bogert

here are some pics. I took at WILLYS WORKS today. the '33 nose is mine, he's glassing in my grill, and ornament, i'll pick it up on Saturday. the 5th pic. is a coupe mold. so is 3&4. the pic. # 6 is a steel '41 # 7 is the rolling chassy. it has a 426 hemi. Vinney built the frame for it, and now hes doing the bodywork and resembly for paint. Vinney is a very nice guy, and does nice work.. i'm happy from what I seen

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  6. hfracing53

hfracing53

Sedan Delivery looks sweet ! Did u cut a rear door in it ? How about the rear floor ? Lets see a pic .

7. jan bogert

jan bogert

no rear door,, and the floor is the original 4 dr. sedan floor

8. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

I got some 41 pickup rear fenders from Vinny a while back, I was very happy with them he does good work.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I stopped in to talk to Vinny a few times when I was shooting up RT 17 to visit my inlaws.Now there's a Subway up top where his display use to be.Nice guy always willing to show me around

10. jan bogert

jan bogert

Hotrod,, you are right. that's his subway,, he owns it.

11. jan bogert

jan bogert

Vinny was telling me he bought out a ford dealer, that had '32 three window and roadster body molds I seen them. he's going to start selling these too. and this spring hes going to build a high boy.

12. the shadow

the shadow

I built a '41 pro-street back in 1996 with a willy works body. Vinny does nice work the body was seamless and needed very little boarding to be perfect. he was easy to deal with and fair on pricing! glad to hear he's still around.
    Paul

Attached Files:

13. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Bought a trunk lid off him years ago, fit great. He even went out of his way to tell me to ship it by Greyhound bus as it was very cheap to ship. i did, he was right. Great guy!

14. jan bogert

jan bogert

yes he is a very nice guy. I was heating the stansions of the frame rail hinges and the torch got the fiberglas to hot at the hinge. so when I tilted the nose the right side hinge came off the nose. I just got the resin, and some glas from Vinny today to fix it. there was no problem with him helping me for free.