Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest WILLIAMSON'S INSTRUMENTS Chester Arkansas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vtx1800, Dec 28, 2020.

1. vtx1800

vtx1800

I'd sent a fuel gauge down to Williams Instruments a few weeks ago, even talked to the owner on the phone. Weeks went by and nothing, didn't answer phone calls or emails. I almost posted asking if anyone else was having "issues".
    Today I found that he had Covid and is trying to catch up. He even showed the Covid test. Not sure if anyone else was experiencing any problems but I feel much better knowing there was a good reason to not respond.

cfmvw, TrailerTrashToo and AHotRod like this.
  2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

These are hard times right now. Lippy

AHotRod and fauj like this.
  3. Lippy ,
    I miss your avatar pic,,,,,what happened ?

and yes,,,,,at this point in time,,,,shipping,,,repair times,,,,all lead times ,,,are drastically altered .

Tommy

AHotRod likes this.
  4. jaracer

jaracer

My gauge guy here in Oregon did a marvelous job, but he took about 8 months. I already knew he was slow and expensive but the results were worth it.

5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Even without covid, he has always been in high demand. Stand up guy for sure and an outstanding warranty on his work; even transfers to next customer:D

5window likes this.
  6. vtx1800

vtx1800

FWIW Ron called me this morning with a question on whether the gauge was a Hawk or "plain" SW, had a nice visit, I'd call that better than Great Customer Service. My gauge should be in the mail today. He said he was lucky, had a few days that he didn't feel well but is doing pretty good now:) With about a foot of snow coming I won't be driving that Stude anyway:)

AHotRod and big duece like this.
  7. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have used them a few times--excellent work and stand behind their work as well.

8. Agreed, he repaired/updated my Sun Tach, and did a quick turnaround for a warranty issue. Get well soon Ron!!

9. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I also agree that they are good people. Had 3 tachs and senders done by them and highly recommend them. I'm also glad to see the he is okay.

Pat

10. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Believe it or not, my instrument shop (Auto Instruments in Danville, VA) owner also got Covid and was out of work for over a month. I gave him my instruments at the end of May and got them back a couple of weeks ago. He said Covid also affected their ability to get parts, etc, plus I think he had a pretty big backlog. The end result was worth the wait, however.
    1212201040.jpg

11. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ron at Williamson Instruments is a pleasure to work with. Man of his word and does excellent work.