Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs William Yee / Dick Burtolucci 36 ford cabriolet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 08racer, Jan 25, 2016.

1. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Does anyone have any more pictures or information on this car?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453784805.597118.jpg

falcongeorge and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. alchemy

alchemy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'40 Olds bumpers and probably '40 Chevy taillights. Top looks welded on instead of removable.

4. From what I have seen this is the only photo of the car. Alchemy you are right in that the top is welded on, the owner refused to pay the extra money to make the top removable so Dick welded it on. This pic was used in issue 12 (?) of The Rodders Journal article on early customising.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. alchemy

alchemy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well if that's the case, I'll tell you ;) what the front end looks like: It's got molded '40 Chevy headlight pods, a Cad-LaSalle grille, smooth hood sides, filled horn grilles, and another Olds bumper. Paint was a very deep burgundy, and the upholstery was a burgundy horseshoe around the white wide and deep rolls in the center. Had a '40 Ford steering wheel and a chrome dash filled with curved glass Stewart-Warners.

Stogy and Jimmy B like this.
  6. Sounds perfect, I have always liked the hardtop look of this car, I wish someone would replicate it. I know that is unlikely to happen to a cabriolet.

7. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Jimmy B I was thinking the same thing. Can't believe there is only that one picture of it. That's crazy.

8. that would be Dick Bertolucci of the Sacramento's Thunderbolt's Car Club.....the choice of taillight's were also on Leroy's Chevy coupe which won a trophy at the first Capital Auto Club Autorama (and later my uncle's car with an Olds) which Dick had a hand on....more that once....

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. oh....and my uncle's roadster in front of it at Bonneville....1950

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

This car is seriously bad ass. A clone is prob going to be next on my list. But a 36 cabriolet is a high starting price point.