Register now to get rid of these ads!

will my car qualify for hunnert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chumscustoms, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magnet

magnet

Yeah.. i am making more no pets allowed signs. I am also tired of the "Its a seeing eye dog in training" crap.

I heart that wagon.. i also heart 4 doors.. especially lowered ones.. more doors no waitin.

:) Sweet pomp AND hippy sandals.. i am marching to the beat of my own freaky drummer :)

2. monsterflake

monsterflake

you know, if you read this thread backwards, it's just some people talking about dogs and station wagons, then some guy pops in, starts talking about how he doesn't care what people think and then asks if he can get his four door nova into the pileup...

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

hahahah thats why you start at #1..and read from left to right:D

4. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Who-da what-a what-a Fuck your right and it was started by a FNG.
    Go figure.:cool:

5. To Tall

To Tall

what happened to chumbucket the fng that started this thread?

6. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Yes! I agree with REDLINETOYS. 100%

7. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

this is the funnies pile up thread ever. and no, I never even entertaind the idea of bringing Charles Bronson (dog) to the show.....but my four door russian combat wagon for 1946........

who in the shit would try to bring chickens to a car show? What the Fudge?

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

Some guy in a flathead 8-powered rat trike. The chickens were part of his "display". He took them back to his hotel and came back to the show. I think that bike and the stupid skull car the same year resulted in the "No art cars" rule. :D

9. This thread makes me want to make the trip to the Pileup again............I might even have vacation time by then.

10. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

i let the thread go a while and hell i am getting called al kinds of names
    this is great,
    I am still here so dont get to worried,
    and by the way that wagon is badass
    i figured i would get one answer out of the thread not 5 pages
    but what the hell
    if there is nothing else better to do we might as well quarrel about this
    and due to me being new
    what the hell does FNG mean
    if it is f'in new guy than kiss my ass :D

11. monsterflake

monsterflake

if you've got thick enough skin to still be here, you might turn out all right!

where's the pics? we're only halfway through your initiation...

12. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

if i can figure this work pomputer out i will post some pics,
    they are rough cause i took them friday but you will get the idea what i am doin,
    SO how much crap will i get if i purchase a 63 nova with a straight axle and do it up gasser style and name it Amish mayhiem since i live in amish country , :confused:
    cause that may just be next years project

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

That would be hillarious.

Is it a 4 door, too? :D :p

14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I have absolutely nothing to add but Im enjoying the hell out of this thread

15. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

no that 63 is a 2 dr ht that is kinda rough and has a straight axle already so i figured it would make a great straight axle project, and around here the amish always stare when you drive by so i figured i can give them something to stare about

16. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

ill second that!!!!!

17. To Tall

To Tall

Name it Mental Masturbation:D

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

it would be awesome if you flat tow the straight axle nova with the four door!

19. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

And it keeps getting better and better. . .:D

20. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

I cant believe this hasnt been closed yet!:confused:

21. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

TO TALL you have me worried with your comment and the picture of pee wee herman , kinda freaky
    glad you live away from me :confused:

22. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Damn is that horse still alive..." Keep beetin er boys shes almost there!"

23. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Hahaha...I wonder if anyone interpreted the original question the way I did?What I read was a guy asking if it would qualify so he could take it as is,and if not then he was going to shitcan the trip and start the work for Power Tour instead?Then again I could be wrong.Anyways,Chums,don't sweat Monsterflake,he likes to bust everyone's balls,it's his M.O. .All that matters is if you like the ride,and do with it what you will.Hell,bet Monsterflake would find something to bitch about with my Caddy,yet it's numbers matching,sporting one repaint back to original color,interior reupholstored back to factory,and getting a top end rebuild with an unleaded conversion and Isky cam.It ain't the 50's,but then again I'm not trying to live in an era far gone before I was born.Have fun,and stick around.No one liked me at first either,and many still don't,but I'm here to learn,not be popular and part of the in crowd.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  24. monsterflake

monsterflake

are you kidding? sounds like the cadillac's right up my alley! let's see it!

i'm a 60's guy, the only 50's 'car i've ever owned is the bread truck. i run right at the ragged edge of the cut-off year, but i'm not some retro elitist. these rattle-canned, four door craprods need to be nipped in the bud!

[​IMG]

25. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

there are always ways to interpret things but i am not changing my build to fit a car show as it has said throughout the thread, i will complete 50 percent of it if it will get to hunnert and then take it back and finish the body, SO i am just trying to figure out which route i am wanting to go to get my car completed my only hang up is
    I have to have the front and rear glass taken out so i can paint my dash , but when i paint the car i want them out also, so it is in the air, but i also want to leave the body the way it is
    so i am just in the air on what i want to do ,

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

Don't worry, Chum, I understood what you were getting at, and I think I answered your question. The bottom line is that we can't say "it will" or "it won't" untill we see it in the condition it will roll up to the gate.

As for your windscreen gaskets, I think you can put them in and take them out a few times if you don't use a sealer, or wait years in between.

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

that's great! you shouldn't be building cars just to 'fit' some show. build it to drive and have fun with it.

i love cars with patina! now i'm really curious to see what it looks like...

28. Not trying to be a jerk, but if you have to ask then this probably isn't the board for you.

29. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

If you were to rent some little god-awful rental car, drive it to Morris, attend the Friday pre event, park in the spectator lot on Saturday, walk in and "truly experience" the pile up, and then attend the Saturday post event...

You would have more fun, meet more people, and have an overall much better experience than if you skip the pre and post event and "drove in and power-parked" the baddest, most awesome traditional hot rod ever seen.. and then stood or lawnchaired by your car all day.

30. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

its amazing how a simple question turned into my love for cars, traditional rods, and so on,
    I was just curious if my car was TOO STOCK appearing, i have never been to hunnert,
    i have been to many good guys, 2 long huals on the power tour and 5 other power tours
    so i have been around the car seen just never to that show,
    i didnt know that there would be such a parking lot full of cool cars,
    i didnt know that the cruise at night would be decent,
    i was just asking a simple question due to me NEVER being at the pile up
    so i hope you guys can understand were the nature of my question came from
    if the car is ready i will be driving it there regardless of condition or completion or criteria.
    So please excuse me for being as dumb as a soup sandwich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.