Register now to get rid of these ads!

will my car qualify for hunnert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chumscustoms, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

some people like me only have enough time and money to finish certain projects at the moment and i want this to be a sleeper, I me giving a crap about what others think about it doesnt matter.
    but whether it is what the show is about?
    why would they have limitations for pre 1964 if some guys are gonna bitch about a 63 chevy II getting in
    if they make the rules and i can meet them , then piss on ya
    i would preffer to take something else but this is what i have at the moment that can be ready for show

enough said, this thread is getting pointless

2. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

popcorn i smell:D

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I don't think its pointless and I don't think enough has been said.

Just because the cutoff is 1964 doesn't automatically make any pre 65 car eligible. I personally think any 4 door that makes it through the gates should have multiple modifications. AT LEAST shaved door handles and badging along with the requisite lowering. You're at a disadvantage starting with a 4 door to begin with.

Look at it like this. Wander around your local car show. What is your first thought at a lowered late model Impala that is amongst all of the cool older stuff?

I'd wonder why it was there too.

Sure its your car and the back story to how you acquired it and why you are building it are genuine and touching. But unless its modified more your car doesn't really fit the show.

I'm sorry to say if you stand around your car you'll see people not even glance at your car, or worse yet, ridicule it and question how it even got in the show. Trust me. So while it may give you a sense of pride and accomplishment to get through those gates, once inside its probably just going to piss you off.

Bottom line? Will it get in? Sadly, it probably will.

4. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

Trust me i do see what you guys are saying,
    if i was trying to get lets say my 1978 malibu that i have painted flat black with pinstripes in I would understand, ( and no i dont have one )
    but i have been reading on here so much that it is hot rodding and do what you want and to your flavor, so if you dont like my car thats fine but if i had a 63 nova 2dr ht, then there would be no gripeing,
    the only problem i have with people dissing my car is, that the 2 dr has more value yes and looks, but i have the same rear end, and front clip.
    I have half of my air ride here for my car, i have the door poppers for the doors, I have a white with aqua pleats leather interior done, i have painted steel wheels with white walls in the plans, and i have fenderwell headers with a sbc that is getting a tripower set up
    NO it is not a "rat rod or Traditional rod or a truckster " or what ever you guys want it to be
    It is my car and i want to do it because not many people have a car like mine around that have done anything to it
    Yes there are cars at my local car show that i see that i wonder why are there
    But it is there car and if they like it that is fine they are not trying to push there love for 1994 grand prix's onto me
    So i guess what i am saying is I respect everyones car for the reason that they like it and thats that

I hope to have my 46 chevy done for next year
    Am i gonna get some bitching when i post a pic of it
    probably but i dont care

5. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

and i know i only have 17 posts so far, but maybe i should quit working on my cars all together so that i can get 2 to 3 thousand posts and be a cool better knowledged hamb poster.
    I am just wondering why my car got slammed in the begining when i was just asking if i could get in.
    So if it makes you guys feel better to slam my car and feel better about yourself cause you have more badass rods, thats great
    but i have to work with what i have and i dont see a problem with it
    make fun of my car there i dont care,
    I will still give ya a beer that is in the cooler of my back seat that is very easy to get to
    SO what kind of beer should i bring for ya
    as much whinning as there is i might just bring some mikes hard lemonade or some wine coolers for you nancy's
    :)
    I just love these events for the cars, and i will never say my car is better or more badass than someone elses

6. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Point of contention,,, the rules also say no rats or shockrods, and not to stir shit but there are plenty of those contraptions that make it in.

last year there was a pickup truck that after they parked it took them 15 minutes to drag out all the 'display" crap to pile around it. There is also an orange pickup that the key ingredient to the customazation is a hot melt glue gun and a huge stack of bottle caps.

I would rather see a relativly stock chevy II 4 door over any of these.

7. Not to say your car is or is not qualified, but one of the buddies of mine years ago had a 4-door nova and it was cool as all get out. The car was one fast sum bitch(low 12s in the mid 60s). Do what you want with it and have fun. My first 2 cars were 4-doors so I do understand what your talking about. I put my personal touches on them both and drove the crap out of them.
    Good luck with your project.
    Later,
    Dick

8. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

thanks for all the posts polite and rude,
    I live to argue so this is actually kind of fun.
    I am new to the site, and yes i have a 4 door
    SO there better not be any praise by some of you when a old cop car rolls in and its ther cause a black and white paint job, and a damn siren,
    ( i am not bashing the cop cars just stateing a point)
    there is no difference from that to my 4 door

9. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

chums,welcome to the board and pay no attention to those that think you must have a `32 Ford or `49 Merc to be accepted on here.

This is too good of a site to have all these bashers lately. A true entheusiast appreciates all fords of vehicles.

Who cares if it has 4-doors. If it`s your can and you like it that is all that matters. Part of this great hobby is doing what you can with what you have.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just read this whole thread........Whew!!! Bottom line, If you've never been to the Hunnert Car Pilup come and drive/bring whatever you have. If, at the gate, you're told you don't get in, park it in the general parking and go inside and enjoy the show. If you get in you'll have a blast if traditional styled cars are your thing If you don't get in you'll have a blast and see what the show is all about. I missed the first one and I'll never miss another, it's that kind of a deal.
    If your into how many people fall all over themselves looking at your ride don't bother coming. Once inside I park and it's rare that I'll even see my car again for a few hours as I'm walking around looking at the other rides and talking to people I haven't seen since the last one. This isn't about YOU or YOUR CAR, it's an experience. Like the ad says "bet you can't do just one"

Frank

11. To Tall

To Tall

I think this guy is full of shit … 3 pages two mystery cars with no photos
    I have a car collection that has 2 Chevy II /16 32 fords /endless supply of Hemi’s
    But I need to buy a new camera please wait I will post photos soon
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

12. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

say what ya want i have the cars and some others nothing to outlandish
    but i do not have a computer at home so i have to get on here when i am at work 7:30 to 5:30 6 days a week, just check my posting times there cheif.
    But i do realize it is a pain in the ass when you dont get to see pics so i will try to get some pics this weekedn and bring them to work and post them
    thanks for all your posts

13. monsterflake

monsterflake

if i saw a slammed, clean, 4 door chevy II four door, flying down the hwy with a couple of kids in the back seat, i'd think it was pretty cool. when i see some 'scenester' standing next to his four door, flat-black, pre-65, whatever-it-takes-to-get-in-the-gate shitbox, i get aggravated. this site, and that show, have a narrow focus and it's intentional. if your car gets through the gate, great, if not, don't get pissed...

14. More hair pulling!

[​IMG]

15. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Ditto on that, who cares if your car doesn't qualify? What's the big fascination to get into Hunnert anyway?

16. monsterflake

monsterflake

just like the 50's, bro...

[​IMG]

17. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That olds and the lincoln next to it are both owned by the same guy. He belongs to a street racing site that I am also a member of.

It`s f`n hilarious that you happened to have a picture of his cars. He was ctually talking about how he planned to show both of them at the pile-up...lol

18. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

In the origianl question that started this i just asked if my car would make it in,
    if not, no big deal i dont care, the only reason i keep posting is to prove the point that it doesnt matter what you have it is how ya build it and that you can do the work your self,
    thats what hot rodding is about
    so if i dont get in great, and after this weekend it stillmay be in peices for the hunnert show anyway,
    i was just curious,
    so calm down kids

19. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Yes......more the Supersuckers as they wrote the song but the version with Steve Earl is incredible.

20. johnboy13

johnboy13

Hahahaha

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

Actually, it doesn't say that, at least not directly, but it should. The rules say no "art cars". It's debatable, but "shockrods" should fall into the art car category. It also says "traditionally styled" which quite a few rat rods do not fit into... some do. Displays are dicouraged and cry baby dolls are outright banned. The rules are not easy to make or enforce. Some bad apples slip through. It happens.

Chums, it helps to have thick skin on the HAMB. :D

Just don't paint your car flat black! ;)

22. monsterflake

monsterflake

exactly! it's not a personal attack, you asked a question and got some responses, good and bad. the goodguys shows are wide open, the pileup, not so much. nobody said you should give up, but it seems like there's a lot of work to do on a car that doesn't quite fit...

hugs for everybody!:)

23. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

i see what your sayin and it must just be that i like my car.
    and i am not building it to just get to hunnert so when it is done i will go there and it almost sounds more intelligent to park outside and watch the cars come in instead of wait in line,
    but for me if someone says they dont like it, that just make me like my car more. Cause if i can irritate or bother someone with my car than that makes my day
    and i am not saying it to you just overall
    and just curious mr flake what do you have. and if you say a 76 ford ltd i will reach through this computer screen :)

24. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

This is my 2nd year going. This is also my 2nd year as a Volunteer. I don't have a car that can get in. It doesn't matter. Show up and have a good time. The Czars are not snobs. All the guys are good guys with diverse taste, not a lot of snobbery that you get here. Only problem with not having a car inside is you have to leave your cooler in the lot so get there early and park close.

25. Show the car....
    Show the car....
    Show the car....
    Show the car....
    Show the car....
    Show the car....
    Show the car....

26. That's too funny...

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

i got rid of my 76 LTD a long time ago! it was mortally wounded driving to denver to recover my firebird from my 1st ex wife's driveway.

here's a couple, lots more in my album... (even a four door!)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=78

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

If we don't see it, it does not exist. :)

I would expect to see a stock 4 door Chevy with bad paint. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Neal

29. Thomas are some of the hottest 76 LTDs I've ever seen Steve ;)

How about posting a pic of that yellow wagon I love so much?

30. monsterflake

monsterflake

man, i wasn't sure i even had any pics of that one! you're in luck, though...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.