Register now to get rid of these ads!

Will it fit?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Julio, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

Ok so I havent tinkered with a ford 390 before and there is a good local deal for a running and driving parts car (68 galaxy) but the whole drive line is good, will the 390 fit in my 63 mercury comet? and if not how much can I usually fetch for one of these? Its only a few hundred but I might switch my 63 to 5 lug and stuff, any help is greatly appreciated!

Julio

2. 61falcon

61falcon

i think you may have to remove the shock towers for it to fit. straight axle or mustang II suspension. i have a 302 in a 61 falcon and thats tight. check to see what afx type racers used on their falcons back in the 60's when 427's were stuffed into those engine bays.

3. My 1967 Mustang had a 390 in it and it was a tight fit. To change the sparkplugs on it you had to unbolt the engine mounts and lift up a couple of inches. My wife's Father had a 63 fairlane and ZI do not see the 390 fitting with out a lot of moving around of the fender wells and electrical parts.
    George

4. KaiserKruiser

KaiserKruiser

Ok i put a 460 in a 63 fairlane and i had to move the shock towers with a crites thunderbolt kit

5. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Nothing a torch and hammer cannot fix.
    do it !
    Dont' forget the sub frame connectors even if you do not cage it .