Register now to get rid of these ads!

will i get flamed by this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spannerswatson, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Its bi annual, so that gives Spanners two years to get it done.:p

2. geez that might be pushing it still...
    winters on the farm are generally quiet, so if i do get it then shell have the motor in there fairly quick..

the rest will take some time...its all new to me dealing with old stuff..

id have to go through the brakes and see what i can do to make them work well enough for a cert...

havent got the mag yet, i went to school with the editor of it...

ill have a look for it tonght when im up in grey picking up my transporter

3. We'll have to meet sometime. I can help with info and stuff, and i live just before Greenstone park raceway.

4. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

this is one of the reasons the HAMB is turning to shit. just because you have it does not mean you should run it.

build a commadore if you want one... or build a hotrod and dont piss in its face

5. you may have seen my trailer then,its parked down that rd...its big and white, just my old stockcar and has the number on it..

6. Ill pm you my number, and if you like, call in tonight.
    Rocket boy, instead of complaining, why not try an educate? After all, "spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods" is one of the phrases around here.

7. yup sweet as... got nothing else planned seeing as the mrs is away...
    hence all the "auctions" being viewed..haha....dangerous ae

8. Yup, i try and stay off there. lol.
    Ive just spent my last pennies on parts, so trade me is a no go zone.

9. I'm using 64 Buick 225 v-6 oddfire...nice little engine..it's also going into a 4 door...a 1928 Chevy...will be posting some pics soon...rearend is in..engine is next.

Attached Files:

10. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Mmm perhaps 64 may be the interchange I am looking for? -early commodore motor trying to get a distributor onto it instead of fuel injected / computer – 4 barrel intake, holley base – LPG (propane) carb. I had heard that the timing case was about all that needed to be changed out. Any info? Anyone?

11. my commy motor ill still run the ecu, but for ignition only..

almost thought of twin 350s on it too.haha just for a laugh

but then ive also had nasty thoughts of making a twin carb manifold for the dodge 4 banger too

12. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

At the lonestar round up there was one with a latemodel v6 and it looked great! Not to much bigger than a stock 4 cylinder, I vote go for it

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

i take this as a compliment.

14. hmmm ive been offered a hemi for the dodge...not a true hemi...its actually a toyota hemi..a 5V-EU....theyr an all alloy,push rod,16 valve v8...about 4000cc from memory..
    look the biz...but undecided untill i pick up the car

15. sold the v6...made some coin on it..lol

still no headway on this sedan though...

one day ae

16. pumpman

pumpman

Dude, it's your freaking ride! I know V 6's were strong a while back (30 years ago) but who gives a rats ass. Go for it and as always PIC's please.

17. slammed

slammed

If you asked about 'flaming' you already knew in your gut it is not what this board is. Many other sites will dig that swap. You people that want him to continue and post the pix here can hit the bricks. This site is going back to it roots. One thread at a time.

18. Isn't that what the old hot rodders did when they could afford a model a @ the wrecking yard for $50. save your expense and build what you have!!

19. if i did end up getting this dodge ive been chasing i would be keeping the 4 banger and running some R1 yamaha bike carbs on it that a mate has built up..
    they no longer look like bike carbs....

20. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

I'm not a massive fan of the commo motors. But I spose it's your car you can do as you please. You know what they say
    "your never late in a 3.8" haha

21. Cerberus

Cerberus

Geometry and function with infinite adaptations. Go for it. Its all about being flexible-context over dogma.

22. hemiboy

hemiboy

V6? How about TWO V6s, chain coupler, in and out box, quickie......

23. The V6 is gone, and you gots to replace it with something. Dunno bout the toymota hemi though. Thats way OT for here. Hope you find a good project soon. Maybe i'll go surf trade me, and see what i can find.

24. slammed

slammed

Yes, and TODAY this site is about that era being a blueprint for Rod and Customs. Understand the criteria here, on this board.

25. that dart would be pretty sweet, but ive got my heart on pre 30s sedans...ive been in touch with the guy whos got that 37...

26. rat pup

rat pup
    from houston

jus have fun, all that counts