Register now to get rid of these ads!

will i get flamed by this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spannerswatson, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ive been browsing this site for a while now, and have finally got up the courage to start a hot rod project of my own...

but am interested in your thoughts....will i get flamed/stabbed/gunned down for putting a v6 into a pre 30s sedan??

the reason i ask is i dont want to go to all the trouble of running the motor i have and being outcast from a cruise or club event...

this is the engine i have at the moment, if it doesnt sound like a stupid idea ill use it,otherwise ill sell it and run something else..
    now to most of you, you will know it as a buick v6..this has come from a 96 vr holden commodore(aussy made)..
    its got flowed heads,mild cam and has had the manifold modified to run a carb(350 holley 2 barrel..) we run these in our racecars here so i had it in my shed after selling my racecar...also have a spare with a 5 speed manual..

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the type of body id like to do up is something like a 28 dodge victory 6 or fast four...anything from that era,prefer a 4 door sedan too...just love the shape...like this one here \/

[​IMG]

so any thoughts?
    id like to put a jag diff in it,and possibly a holden ifs or something similar...

cheers for any feedback.
    by the way im way down in New Zealand just in case your lost in my translation;)

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

first question:
    what the hell is that in your avatar?

3. thas my old racecar...over here we call them stockcars...
    check them out on youtube..
    you take a bunch of nutcases,chuck them in 1500kg steel spaceframed cars,on a clay oval track,and no holds barred, kind of like a demo derby.... its great fun..
    check this video out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PyddGb2cmE&feature=related

4. badshifter

badshifter

Sure you'll get hammered by some, but so what? You build your way with what you got. That's what started hot rodding. Far as I can tell, nobody asked for approval or permission back then. No reason to start now! Good Luck.

mikeallcars likes this.

5. seriously at all the shows I go to, its really not about what type or such, its more about, did you do it yourself or buy the hot rod out of a catalogue.
    I say run the v-6 and be happy, if people dont like it, screw em with a bat and then have fun wheeling around what YOU like.

6. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

I just watched those cars race on Lucas.

7. Its your car that you payed for. Build it with whatever you want, and dont worry what others say. There will always be A holes that say crap but they usually dont have anything to play with.

8. How about a hot straight six ?

9. cheers guys..im actually going to check out that dodge over easter weekend..making a weekend of it, with a good night of speedway aswell...
    i think the woodwork is the most important part of this car i think from what ive read on a few threads of these...so if its all in ok condition it could be a decent deal..its a runner too...4 banger

10. Ole don

Ole don

A built Buick V6 with a five speed is nothing to sneeze at, they can be wicked fast.
    Build it your way, have fun.

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

its yours, you have it, use it
    or use it to get closer to what you want..

12. funny you say that cos ive also got 2 hemi 6s sitting in the shed aswell, both from another racecar i had..but alot harder to get bits for those than the aussy v6..

13. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

Build it, drive it ,have fun with it, build something else and the circle of life continues.

14. i plan to do all the work myself except for making a driveshaft etc..and maybe finishing welds on the front end and diff mounts...
    im pretty tight like that, why pay someone if you can do it yourself...haha

15. quote; will i get flamed/stabbed/gunned down for putting a v6 into a pre 30s sedan??
    not from me.

16. David Chandler

David Chandler

Only if you have skulls on it.

17. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

If you don't open the hood, who's gonna know?

That six should be pretty quick, make them find out what you've got the hard way.

Shawn

18. petebert

petebert

Go for it. I've got the original engine in my car but no one knows it because it looks like shit in there so I leave the hood down.

19. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Throw it in there and DRIVE!! :)

20. these motors also came with a factory option of a supercharger...

21. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

Got any pics of the hemi 6? I say go with the v6 if you think you'll like it. Remember you're building it for you, not to please anybody else.

22. The Dodge Victory Six has an all-steel body built by Budd Manufacturing, and dodge used very little wood work in any of their bodies compaired to other makes in the 20's and 30's....so you shouldn't have much to worry about there. Looks like a great car in the pictures.

23. nothing flash...basically an aussy hemi 6..
    dont even know why they call them a hemi really..
    thats taken in my last car...not pretty but it does the trick
    [​IMG]

24. awesome,cheers for that...i may aswell take cash and my transport trailer with me then :cool:

25. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Cool Video, U NZ'ers are crazy.

Build it however you like. You are the one that has to drive it so do what ever makes sense for you.

26. heres a naked shot of the stockcar...
    [​IMG]

27. The Shocker

The Shocker

I say more power to you :).Your car ,your skinned knuckles ,and your $$ so use whacha got 4, 6 ,or 8 cylinders.Who cares what "hip" crowd thinks ...

28. do what you want and enjoy it make it safe

29. Jogyver

Jogyver

Nothing wrong with a V6 . Some guys on here are using 4 bangers . It's your project... build it the way you want . Keep us posted on your build , the car is nice. Is your stock car engine a Holden?

30. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permssion.