Register now to get rid of these ads!

will a 39 plymouth sedan hood fit a 41 plymouth truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by malaguena, May 18, 2012.

1. So im looking at a 41 plymouth truck, the front end looks exactly like my 39 plymouth p8 that im running fenderless and hoodless. Will this hood fit on a hoodless 41 plym truck that i found for sale?

2. squirrel

squirrel

don't look like it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. the fenders changed, certainly. But the grill, hood and hood sides look the same. even the cowling and body lines.

4. squirrel

squirrel

the pics I post show they are quite different. The overall general appearance is similar, but the details, proportions, size, etc are different. Look closer.

5. Skam213

Skam213

the dimensions look right to me, those photos are at different angles, so its hard to tell but if you look at door length relativity to hood length....they are pretty close.

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed

[​IMG]

If you look at where the hood rests on the cowl, you'll see the back edge of the hood is slanted whereas the back edge of the truck is straight across. Then there's the height of the sides of the hood which are very different. Body line as well. And from the looks of the picture I posted, the passenger side hood sides don't open with the hood side while the truck's hood sides open with the hood..

There's a lot of things going on that you may not see right away but take your time and study those pictures Jim posted up.

7. Skam213

Skam213

yeah i just fiddled with em in paintshop....and they are pretty different