Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wife or Girlfriend jealous of your hotrod?!? How do you handle it?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid

I've never let her stop me from doing anything... and if that's a problem she knows where the door is... now I don't go out of my way to piss her off....

2. Damn Nation! My wife's jealous of everything junk, HAMB, cars, internet, and working 60 hours a week at work!

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

39-1/2 years ago I told my then wife to be in front of her mother "never say the car or me unless you have your bags packed and are ready to go out the door". The subject has never come up.

I did decide on my own that drag racing on the scale I had intended was not going to happen if I had a family.

That took me to gathering pieces for a hotrod with a few missteps before I had one that I could drive. wife and her sister and cousin sneaked it out for a cruise at least once. She ran out of gas in the T bucket and the local cop had to take her to get a can of gas.
    Over a fifteen year period most of her galfriends were wives and girlfriends of guys with rods and or customs we met at rod runs in Texas, Washington and Oregon. She liked the idea that she could visit and share notes with them once or twice a year but didn't have to do the girl buds thing on a daily or weekly basis.

Her stock answer to women who ask the "why do you let him work on cars all the time", question is "I have never had to drag him out of a bar or some other women's house".
    I've never put the hotrod or custom before the family financially an it tends to show. The 48 is famous for never being done. Often the money ratholled for a part or paint or what ever went for something that we needed and I started ratholling again.
    Now almost 40 years later the kids are grown, we don't need new furnature, the fridge and stove might hold out for a couple more years and I can seem to rathole the cash for the parts to do the truck right a little faster than in the past so life isn't that bad and I am too damned old to want to train another wife all over again.

4. diamond dave

diamond dave

my ex wife hated me being out in the garage, but then she bitched if we didn't have something to cruise around in. a double edged sword I tell you. she sure as hell didn't have a problem taking both of the cars in the divorce. said they had sentimental value. go figure.

5. Frosty2

Frosty2
    from Hambone,IN

Used to get the "is that bike more important to you than me" talk once in a while.Damn,that's was the longest 3 years of my life when I was married to her.If she's your girlfriend and she asks this,may I suggest her sister.Might be a better match.Don't think they'll change when you marry them.You'll be living down by the river in a van before it's all over.

6. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I divorced the PITA. Then I found a hottie that appreciated my hobby. Mine rides her own motorcycle, road races and will wrench when I need her help.

7. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Guess i'm lucky. As long as she can drive the cars when she wants!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.