Register now to get rid of these ads!

wife aint happy but -the 1941 chevy coupe is home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neverwinter, Nov 17, 2012.

1. neverwinter

neverwinter

drove down to warwick rhode island today to pick up my "barn/garage" find from afew weeks ago. the owner was very patient in allowing me time to sort out my storage options at the house. helped me load it up and headed off. now he has a clean garage for his 70 impala.

pretty rust free car been in a garage the last 30 odd years. some cancer sections but this was a good marriage as the previous owner started dismantling a solid coupe but stopped for some reason. i have all the M2 suspension the rear leaf conversion kit, a 71 250 and 3 transmissions.

the car is pretty complete. not shown in the pics is the front clip, trunk lid, hood, etc. interior is pretty darn good but will need panels, headliner etc. along with the car is a rear end for the conversion and 3 stock grilles!

looking forward to this one.

Attached Files:

2. 61 chevy

61 chevy

nice fine, whats wrong with the wife ????

3. Freemoe

Freemoe
    from Fowler, CA

What are the plans for the build?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Really ..are they ever happy..ever...good luck with the build

5. neverwinter

neverwinter

ha wife is ok - its not so much the 41 as it is the comb of the 41, the 63 c10 and the 64 galaxie. in a 1 car garage lol so we have some carart that sh didnt anticipate when we et 10 years ago.

plans are basic for now. winter will be spent getting all the M2 stuff in, the rea disk conversion done and getting the axle in. from there id like to get the engine installed, decide on the 3 spd or 5 speed t5 and get that installed. drop some basic roller wheels on it that i have. do some floor repair, install a dual master, rig the hydraulic clutch, and really anything else i can sort. more importantly i need to do some buttoning up on the c10 so i can sell that and get out of 1 semi-project.

6. 'Mo

'Mo

You know what to do.
    '41 Chevys are nearly perfect, in my eyes. You can't lose!. (Personally, I'd go vintage, with a GMC 6 and molded the rear fenders. But that's just me.)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  7. I will come get the 63 C-10 if it will make her happy. Just trying to help you out!!!